Fellow stay-at-home mamas?

Options
Hi ladies! I stay at home with my 2.5 year old daughter and would love more mommy friends who can relate to the stay-at-home lifestyle. People always assume I have all the time in the world to work out! Add me if you can relate!

Replies

• caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also a stay at home mom and I homeschool my 6 year old. I also have a 3 yr old and a 10 month old.
    You can add me as your friend. I have learned to workout with the kids, If I had not I would hardly get any workouts in. Its not easy just a way to get it done. A couple times a month I get to go to the gym, If I am lucky.
    Now my 6 year old daughter dances Zumba with me and my 3 old jumps around. Its a great opportunity to teach the kids about fitness.
  • ImDowner
    ImDowner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I work two days/week but stay at home with my 17 month old the other 5 days. I thought before I had the baby that I would have plenty of time to diet and work out once I stayed home....boy was I wrong! It's harder to fit in exercise on the days I'm home than the days I work. Feel free to add me!
  • claudiamg84
    claudiamg84 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I definitely maximize my time and use nap time to workout and/or workout when my husband wakes up around 3pm (he works nights). But yes, girls, it ain't easy! Sometimes I envy people with a gym membership, but I've been able to make it work without one so far.
  • ImDowner
    Options
    My husband works for the railroad, so he's gone for days at a time, and no regular hours to speak of. He's on call 24/7. Sometimes I have to resort to 5 minutes at a time on the treadmill throughout the day....but I'm determined to lose this weight one way or the other.
  • elizabaththomas
    Options
    I'm a SAHM since august of last year but I keep children in my home to help lessen the financial burden on my husband and have spending cash between having kids here all the time and the housework I never get to work out
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I have been a SAHM for almost 2 years now! BEST decision i ever made to come home;)
    I have a 9yo boy, 6yo girl and 3yo boy. Im down 80 pounds since #3 and now on my permanent lifestyle change to healthy habits.
    Make time for YOU, that is my best advice;) If you are not healthy and happy, then you wont be a happy mommy, right?
  • ksnel3
    ksnel3 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM with a 3 year old, almost 2 year old, and 10 month old. I workout when the kids are napping, but am usually limited to about 30 minutes so I do DVDs like 30 Day Shred. Other than that I also like to take the kids for a walk when I can, or even just play outside with them. Anything that keeps me moving! I am a newly single Mom, so not sure I will be able to stay a SAHM much longer.. Feel free to add me for support!
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mama here! I have two boys, a 4 year old and 10 month old. Losing the baby weight after baby number 2 has been a real struggle compared to last time! Feel free to add me! :smile:
  • kab789
    kab789 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also a stay at home mom and I homeschool my 6 year old. I also have a 3 yr old and a 10 month old.
    You can add me as your friend. I have learned to workout with the kids, If I had not I would hardly get any workouts in. Its not easy just a way to get it done. A couple times a month I get to go to the gym, If I am lucky.
    Now my 6 year old daughter dances Zumba with me and my 3 old jumps around. Its a great opportunity to teach the kids about fitness.

I as well am home with my girls and we homeschool as well. My girls are 8&9 we (the girls) play outside and we sometimes do a Leslie Sansone video when it is too cold to be outside. However I get up before the girls and have time then to do a "walk at home" video for 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before they tumble out of bed.
  • claudiamg84
    claudiamg84 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to exercising with my daughter as she gets older. Right now I pretty much workout when she naps or use playtime with her outside as a mini workout.
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am definately a stay at home mom and I can relate to having people think you do nothing all day so you must have all the time in the world to get fit. Bring it on stay at home moms I log every day I am ready for this to be the year I reach my goal. Let's do this.
  • mjbudz
    mjbudz Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a 7, 4 & 1 year old. I am ready to do this now. No more babies for me. Just a diastasis that is probably not going to go away without surgery. But I need to shed a few pounds (like 23!) Before that can happen!! So the faster I can do that the faster I can get rid of this bulge! I just need some support along the way :) I'll be happy to return the favor!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    SAHM homeschooling my 14 year old.
    Positive things- my environment and schedule are largely under my control. I can eat home prepared meals. No coworkers pressuring me to eat something. I can workout anytime it is convenient for me.
  • aryseespieces
    aryseespieces Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a SAHM with a 2.5 old and a 5 month old. You can add me! I am lucky to go to the gym 2 days a week but workout at home 3 days a week- I do zumba, and some interval training and my 2.5 year old loves to join!
  • fit_mama_sarah
    fit_mama_sarah Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am on maternity leave right now and don't want to go back. I try to get in my workouts when my 2 month old is sleeping. It can be extremely difficult. I think I am going to start going to the gym and leaving her with my DH for an hour. I need to make time for myself as well. I miss that time as much as I love love love my daughter. How did everyone transition to staying at home?
  • kportwood85
    kportwood85 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am a SAHM of 2 boys, 9 and 11. I homeschool them, my husband is away Mon-Fri every week, so, most the parenting and housework and errands fall on me. But, it's a lot easier to find time to exercise now that they are old enough to be alone for a short while.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been a stay at home mom on and off for the past 16 years. My kids are 22 (step daughter), 19, 14 & 4. I stopped working (this time) 7 years ago when my now 19 year old daughter had a major medical issue. Just as she was finally well enough for me to go back to work I found out I was pregnant with my son. Thankfully my gym had a kids center, so I go with my son during the day.
  • dawgs727
    dawgs727 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM of a 4 year old and almost 2 year old. I completely understand what you are dealing with. I swear my husband thinks my days are so easy but only one of my kiddos goes to school three days a week from 8-12 and the rest they are with me. I do all the errands, cooking, and cleaning so I have learned to create a workout time for me. I go most days during the week in the morning. I have built it into my routine and have found a gym with a wonderful daycare. My kids have made friends with other kids that are there and they love it. I tell them this is how mommy stays healthy! Feel free to add me!
  • ivanaalmand
    Options
    Hi All! I am new to this site! I'm a SAHM to 3 boys ages 5,3, and 2 and a half months and a proud military wife. I'm more determined this time around to drop the baby weight much quicker than the first two times. I'm down 35 pounds and have 20 more to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I've been doing the paleo diet but am slowly modifying back to just pure healthy so that my diet will be much more sustainable and long term. I'm also big into HIIT, tabata, and T-25 workouts since it's much easier to get a workout in that's short and effective-plus I really hate to workout for more than 45 minutes to an hour, even if I did have that kind of time. Feel free to add me!
  • ImDowner
    Options
    I am on maternity leave right now and don't want to go back. I try to get in my workouts when my 2 month old is sleeping. It can be extremely difficult. I think I am going to start going to the gym and leaving her with my DH for an hour. I need to make time for myself as well. I miss that time as much as I love love love my daughter. How did everyone transition to staying at home?

My transition wasn't a planned one. The firm I had worked with for over ten years announced they were shutting down while I was on maternity leave (cue major meltdown). They had been in business for over 90 years, so it was quite a shock. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise though.