Getting Started... Again

Options
2»

Replies

• BananableLector
    BananableLector Posts: 26 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @Veanna111 I know this month is mostly about rebuilding good habits. I've read it takes about 30 days to make/break a habit. Right now any day I get in the exercise is better than the not doing it before my restart. Any day I track is better than not tracking like before. Slow and steady, I'm not expecting any weight changes for now but if I do then great.

I used to have a bunch of belly dancing classes saved but they were old and are starting to dissapear from youtube. I love pilates and yoga, the burn you get from them is amazing.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    you can do this. add me if you want to share your journey. Good luck
  • ImDowner
    ImDowner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I'm starting back for the umpteenth time. But determined that this is the time I finally value myself enough to stick with it. I've dusted off the treadmill and also bought an activity tracker. The tracker has definitely helped keep me motivated to move, it's like a competition with myself each day. Feel free to add me. So far I'm down a little over ten pounds, I'm taking it slow and steady this time.
  • Mono_monkey
    Mono_monkey Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am getting started again also. Could use some friends to join in the journey. Anyone can feel free to add me. I love the idea of slow and steady changes. It's so easy for me to get discouraged when I can't stick with it right off the bat.
  • BananableLector
    BananableLector Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @Mono_monkey‌ I've tried to do everything at once before and that's where I fail every time. Habits take time to build and you can't expect yourself to be perfect after years of doing stuff another way. My saving grace this time really is my FitBit... I look at it and it reminds me to make better decisions. Less snacking, no fries at a fast food place. Unfortunatly we are having a cold snap right now so any outdoor walking is limited to rushing to the next warm area. No extended walks on lunch or on my way home, but something to look forward to once the ice is gone.