Zucchini spaghetti

Options
2»

Replies

• conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love it. I use yellow squash it is a little softer and imho easier to work with.I light salt them and drain on a paper towel for an hour,drier noodles work better.Try saute in peanut,walnut or sesame oil. yum!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I make them with my mandolin. I thought about getting a spiralizer until I remembered I had the mandolin. I don't keep a lot of item specific gadgets in the kitchen because I forget I have them and it's just something else usually not so easy to wash LOL. The mandolin I'm now using to slice and julienne lots of veggies and try out some new approaches.

Anyway...the zoodles are delicious and I add them to dishes without expecting it to taste like or be pasta. It is filling. I eat with chopsticks a lot because it slows me down and it's fun. The zoodles are easy to pick up with them. I'm thinking of using zucchini in addition to pasta to beef it up as someone suggested - when I add pasta back into my foods. :)
  • lchadwick3
    lchadwick3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I made spaghetti squash last night and it was really good. I got my brother a veggetti as a gag gift for Christmas but now I want one for real. My wife liked it but we may play around with which sauce to use.
  • Betsyk2001
    Betsyk2001 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone !! I'm definitely picking one up & trying all of your amazing ideas!! Love the idea of mixing with real pasta so your only getting 1/2 the calories.