Ab workouts!

Options
hi! I've already lost a significant amount of weight, but with the weight loss and having 4 kids, the sight of my stomach sickens me!!!! I don't want to have surgery! Don't get me wrong, I know that the stretch marks aren't going anywhere and im perfectly ok with that because those are my tiger stripes and remind me of where I've been! The sagging lower stomach is my concern! I've been told it can be corrected through diet and exercise!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    Diet first. If you’re lifting weights doing compound movements (squats, deadlifts and overhead press), you’re already working your abs.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy.
  • mtnstar
    mtnstar Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I really like the 15 minute ab workout in Bob Harper's Yoga for the Warrior. It's made a huge difference in my (post 3 kids!) belly tone. The yoga workout is good, but the ab workout alone is worth the 10 bucks!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    It can take time and may not be something easily changed. Be prepared for that possibility. That said a solid strength training program and tight control of your eating should be the way to get you there
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Weight training is the key. You'd be surprised how much core is involved with weights. If yo need some extra ideas, try planking.
  • cajunchicla2
    cajunchicla2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've been doing weights so hopefully I'll slowly start seeing results :)