Some days all I want to do is eat.

Options
2»

Replies

• JeanMBK
    JeanMBK Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I've found I often fall into the "in for a penny in for a pound" mentality. If I binge at one meal or eat something terrible, say an entire rack of ribs for instance, I'll just give up, call it a wash, and binge the rest of the day. Step one is just not letting that happen. It's not a wash and your day can be saved... so what, you screwed up one meal, just leave it at that and get back to watching the rest of your day. Stick to portion control... you can have delicious stuff that is fattening, just small portions. I can eat a rack of ribs, but do I have to? I could be satisfied with 4 ribs so leave it at that and bag up the rest. No need to eat until you're stuffed just because it's there.

Trying to remember this concept and did so last night, unfortunately not so on Saturday. New day/new week.
  • Sweets1954
    Sweets1954 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I think we all have days like this. I seem to have the opposite problem, at times I don't feel like eating anything.
  • grimcosgirl
    Options
    Lol! This is me all day, every day! I have friends that ask me if I'm ever going to stop eating (good naturedly of course). I eat literally all the time, usually about every hour or so, but I don't really time it or anything. The thing is I eat all day, and never really get hungry but I have problems in the late evening when I realize my calories are below 900 or so and I have to find something to get my calories up. Peanut butter works well, but I'm terrible at eating peanut butter in moderation...what do you mean 1/2 a jar is more than a serving??? And so I often forego my beloved peanutty butter.
  • Funkeln
    Options
    Don't worry about days you binge, you can and will recoup from them. Remeber that weight loss is a long journey.
  • Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I have one in a week where I just want to and you know what, I just eat. I love food and I love exercise. Give yourself a break and remember to start afresh the next day. If you are moving closer to your goal then good. One day isn't going to ruin you progress but 5-7 days in a row might.
    Good luck and go easy on yourself!
  • Trixsterfan
    Trixsterfan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great support,I actually crave chocolates and sweets, in fairness I'm surrounded by them all day,I sell them!!!!!