Licking the spoon count?

13»

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »
    BFDeal wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is one of those things that when I was logging I realized I had moved beyond merely trying to be healthy, aware, consistent, and relatively accurate to being obsessed.
    What's your take on logging fish oil, vitamins, and cough medicine? I'd put these in almost the same category. Wow, 10 calories from your vitamins? That's a whopping 70 a week! Gimme a break.

I log my 10 calorie multivitamins... but its more so I remember to actually take them then the calorie count

Me too. Just recently started taking supplements so I added a category just for them to remind me to actually take them. :)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    I always let my kids lick the spoons ...it's a childhood joy no scaremongering is going to convince me out of

I always log calories for spoon licking and don't feel obsessive, just not trying to fool myself it doesn't count
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,032 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm so afraid to do this because of uncooked egg. :X though I am always so tempted.

I'd never even heard that raw egg was an issue until I went to America and saw warnings on stuff. Weirded me out. We always eat cookie/cake batter!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    It doesn't count: if you're standing up; if it's on someone else' plate; you completed your logging for the day... lol
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    ... of course, I could always mix it up and take one little spoonful before I add the egg. I am sneaky lol XD
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    edited February 2015
    JadeDHayes wrote: »
    Tonight I made some valentines chocolate brownies. Blatantly not for me.. I could resist on licking the spoon afterwards. MFP will never know!! It can be our little secret B)

don't judge me :p

Next time:

1) Take an identical spoon, put it on a plate, put the spoon on a food scale, press the "tare weight" button.

2) Remove the clean spoon, put the spoon with the brownie mix on the plate, observe the weight, enter it into the food log, lick the spoon completely clean.

3) I'm kidding, enjoy the raw brownie mix (I wouldn't log it) and don't worry about the raw egg, Rocky Balboa drank entire glasses of raw eggs in training and he knocked out some of the great fictitious boxers of our time.
  • JadeDHayes
    JadeDHayes Posts: 15 Member
    I love all these replys haha!!! Made my day!!!