Too good to be true???

Options
i have just started on the my fitness app and it has worked out my calorie intake for me to lose weight! I have eaten and counted every calorie even a piece of fudge I ate (41cals) and just had a heap mountain of dinner of veg and meat and still stayed within my calories! Is it right that this works?? Can you literally eat what you want but stay within your calorie intake of what it tells you??? Thanks in advance!! :)

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Yes, provided you are honest, and weigh, not eyeball, the food consumed

And do not believe the "calories burned" if using MFP exercise data, it tends to be higher than truth, about half is assumed to be more realistic

Veg is fairly low in calories for the bulk, unlike some other items, like bread, pasta, cheese and spuds, none of which are forbidden, just need watching that is all
  • emmaprov2015
    emmaprov2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks farway!

That's brill news! I live on veg! And love lots of it! Just feel like I've eaten loads today but still got 300cals left and I've been completely truthful with everything what I have eaten!!

Thanks very much! Can't wait to see results!
  • chezwhat
    chezwhat Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've even done fine using the MFP calorie counts for exercise... 40 pounds since last April. It'll absolutely work if you stick with it!
  • emmaprov2015
    emmaprov2015 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    chezwhat wrote: »
    I've even done fine using the MFP calorie counts for exercise... 40 pounds since last April. It'll absolutely work if you stick with it!

Wow! That's amazing! Hope my results are that lgood! I only want to lose about 10lbs!! I never really count exercise as I see it as an added bonus and could see that extra bit of weight loss if you don't count it! Unless you fancy a treat lol!

I find it too good to be true as I feel I've had loads to eat today but in well within my calories!