Judgement and Jokes...Really

Options
I'm so sick of others asking me, Oh, you trying to lose weight cause of medical reasons. No, I'm trying to lose weight cause I am fat and I want to be healthy. How's that? I know I live down south and everything is centered around food but really. If I wanted to be mean, I should say, maybe you should try it too. Why do people small or big, take the time to look and see what I am eating for lunch? Oh, is that all you gonna eat, you taking this diet thing seriously. I cant eat anything without people making smart remarks or jokes. But you know what, watch me as I get healthier because I want to. Later, when you are sick or need to lose weight. You will be asking me for advise. :| Does anyone else have this problem?

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    No, because I don't tell people I'm on a diet. :)
  • babebree
    babebree Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I don't they just see me drinking protein shakes and eating healthy.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't tell people I'm on a diet, but if someone decides to comment negatively on my lunch because it's 'healthy', I've just perfected a deadpan stare with a slightly raised eyebrow. Engage it, then hold it until they get uncomfortable and go away.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Just do you and don't worry about what other people say or think. People always have an opinion. The only one that matters is your own.
  • babebree
    Options
    LOL @alatariel, Too funny. I eat in my office now. Its peaceful
  • babebree
    Options
    True mccindy72
  • heidimariebarsness
    Options
    I get the same thing. Your eating carrots? Your trying to diet too? I am doing this for me and only me..... Why the heck do others care what I put in my mouth. Stay strong. Sounds like your doing it for the most important person...for you!!!!
  • loganmljb
    Options
    my pet peeve is when I go meatless and people ask me where I get my proteins from. Drives me crazy as if meat is the only source of protein.
  • babebree
    Options
    Hey, I'm down from 243 to 234 in one month. Its start. I just think its crazy people are a trip.
  • MissVictoriaG
    MissVictoriaG Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Well southerner aren't known for their good health.. so it the mindset, no disrespect anyone. I lived south and have lived other states also. Bbq, fish fry, crab boils , large sunday meals, every weekend its a social gathering to eat. In my youth I dreaded visiting family /friends because all we were going to do was EAT. I haven't been to one in yearsssss. Anyways ..Just keep doing you, and allow the naysayers fall back. I wouldn't even entertain them by replying or explaining..
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    It will pass . . . I know that it is so irritating that you can't just do what you need to do. I would just smile and keep it moving! People will comment on what you are eating in the beginning and then lose interest, then they will start offering you food, then totally exclude you from all events with food :)

• babebree
    Options
    Thank you all for your words of Inspiration. I am so happy with m 10lbs I lost so far. I feel great.
  • boiledpeanutlver
    boiledpeanutlver Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just last night at work people were giving me a hard time about wanting to lose 35lbs.trust me I need it but so do they. I think it is just a form of jealousy. A lot of people can't stand it when others make an effort to prove their health . It is just too easy to be complacent. Watch me people.....just watch me!
  • Tony_Von_Stryfe
    Tony_Von_Stryfe Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You just gotta do you, there will always be someone with someone making dumb,rude remark about something that is none of their business
  • BamaMum
    BamaMum Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the 10 lbs down, and as far as people asking about my diet, for me it always seems to be "try this" or "you love cake, just one piece" I feel like saying you eat it if you want it gone so bad!! But keep focusing on being a healthier you, that is what's most important!! GL : )
  • JJo12
    JJo12 Posts: 18
    Options
    Honey, I'm sorry u have to deal with such negativity. The biggest thing you can do for yourself is keep pushing through until you reach the results that you want to accomplish. Don't let others people's negativity take you down. Pray for them, keep pushing forward. Not every one can go with you on your weight loss journey because they're not gonna understand the process of how you get there. Stay encouraged and handle your business.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far! Keep up the awesome work!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Same. The guys at work also say "What are you having today, a carrot?" Like theu think I dont eat or something. Sometimes its frustrating. Sometimes I laugh it of and say something silly. "Why yes, I think I will have a carrot or two today!"
  • lilmisscrabby
    lilmisscrabby Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    babebree wrote: »
    I'm so sick of others asking me, Oh, you trying to lose weight cause of medical reasons. No, I'm trying to lose weight cause I am fat and I want to be healthy. How's that? I know I live down south and everything is centered around food but really. If I wanted to be mean, I should say, maybe you should try it too. Why do people small or big, take the time to look and see what I am eating for lunch? Oh, is that all you gonna eat, you taking this diet thing seriously. I cant eat anything without people making smart remarks or jokes. But you know what, watch me as I get healthier because I want to. Later, when you are sick or need to lose weight. You will be asking me for advise. :| Does anyone else have this problem?

Yes I understand , except for me every single person I know or just seen around a couple times always tell me wow you have lost weight , it does not matter if I gained or lost a few ounces . it pisses me off because they are looking at me and judging me is howbi take that . so I get it
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Look them dead in the eye and say "I'm sick of being a fat***". Then just keep staring. You've just made things so awkward that they'll never question your diet again. LOL