Staying within my calorie goal!!

Options
2»

Replies

• 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I find that snacking often helps me psychologically. I am hungry - like today is a rest day (so no extra calories) - I am hungry. But I snack all day on little, low-cal things to trick myself into thinking I've had lots of food. If hours go by with no food, I get cranky. Not saying you'll be as gullible as I am ... but it's something to think about (picking small, low-cal snacks that you can work on all day).
  • klu_24
    klu_24 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    That's kind of the point, you can't live on the shakes forever (and they cost a lot, don't they?) Learning to eat the proper amount and type of real food will serve you better in the long run, and will also be less expensive.

But here is an example of what my meals look like:

Breakfast:
    Greek yogurt
    Cheese stick
    Apple
    (I eat these throughout the morning, not all in one sitting)
    Or on the weekend I will have eggs & toast.

Lunch:
    Pita wrap with grilled chicken, raw spinach, tomato, peppers, black olives & tatziki sauce.

Dinner:
    Some kind of meat
    side dish like rice
    veggie or salad

I will def not be on these forever!!! Just to kickstart weight loss and whatnot. Once I have an idea of good meals I can prepare for work I will do that instead. They actually don't cost me too much bc I have a friend who sells Herbalife and gives me a good price :) Thanks so much for the example meal! Sounds yummy!
  • klu_24
    Options
    Ditch the shakes and eat real food.

Definitely this. You definitely won't get so hungry. Are you planning on drinking the shakes for life? :huh:

Most def not!!! I love food too much! Just a kickstart until I educate myself on healthy meals and all that! I could never drink two a day for life. Although I will say I love them for breakfast bc Ive never been a breakfast person. Its so simple to whip one up and go.
  • klu_24
    Options
    The problem with shakes is that it's really not teaching you how to eat properly. It's a "for now" type thing, you get to goal weight, then you start eating real food and the weight comes back.

I'm on 1630, but very often I have no problem staying under 1300 with real food. I think you may need to adjust WHAT your eating and when. Check out my diary if you need any tips. Good luck!

I think I will check it out! Thanks so much!!
  • Kpcardona
    Options
    klu_24 wrote: »

Right now Im not working out much just due to lack of time as I have two jobs and a hefty social calendar :) I absolutely need to be more physically active! Any suggestions on quick workouts?

Body weight exercises are quick, they include almost no equipment and if they do, you can usually use things around you, such as a door, a desk, a phone book, a gallon of milk.

These are going to included push-ups, squats, lunge, ect. You can google some beginner exercises, or even purchase a cheap E-Book like "You Are Your Own Gym" by Mark Lauren. His book is nice because it included descriptions of exercises and a program for your fitness level.

Also, a membership on a site like Fitocracy will help you track your progress and shows videos on most of their exercises along with a description.

• katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Are you using a protein mix with the meal replacement powder? I just started herbalife and didn't realize that at first. The formula 1 meal replacer powder is only 90 calories but only has 9gm of protein, but a scoop of protein mix has about 24-30g of protein which is another 170 calories for me. Then I use skim milk which adds another 80 calories. So my shakes are 340 calories with 47gms of protein. I haven't followed the plan exactly because I don't intend to eat this way for the rest of my life. I just really like the taste of my shake!