Help! I ate a cake!

Options
Ok not a whole one but at least 600 calories worth. I dont know what happened but now I'm here with a couple of options. I can put the kids in a stroller and walk a couple of miles. Or I can spend a lot of time doing heavy cleaning and then run up the stairs for 20 minutes. Or, like I really want, I can sit here and mope. I guess I just need a little encouragment nd to know that this kind of thing happens to everyone sometimes.

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Happens to us all :) Can you eat a lighter dinner? Definitely try going for that walk or doing a little exercise to offset a little bit of the calories.
  • koshkacat
    koshkacat Posts: 6
    Options
    Haha I cannot tell you how many times this has happened to me :D (and probably everyone, let's be honest) but you sound like you've got some great plans to counter that! It's great that you have the perseverance to get up and get out after splurging a little. It really isn't SO bad... Good luck!
  • emylourow
    emylourow Posts: 38
    Options
    Oh yes it happens to me, more than I'd like! lol

I vote for getting outside with the kids in the stroller, it'll be fun once you get going.
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    it definitely happens to me. kudos to you for owning up to what you ate! normally, i just pretend that i didn't actually eat anything that bad. let me tell you, it doesn't work too well.

don't mope, get up and do something! it'll make you feel better. you can still make today a good day!
  • rebeccajoy
    rebeccajoy Posts: 45
    Options
    It happens to everyone every once in awhile. The big thing that matters is what you do afterwards, sit and mope or wear those calories off! ;-) I think cleaning and doing the stairs is going to burn more calories as it will be more of a workout than pushing a stroller.
    You can do it! Burn those calories off girl!!! ;-) Show everyone how much willpower you have!!!

Cheering you on!
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    You did the crime: Do the time! Sort of kidding. But forgive yourself first and get out with the kids and enjoy the walking! You will feel better overall and you will BE better overall.
  • helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    depending on what time is like midday or my time 10:25pm! you could do some heavy cleaning and then after your dinner or whatever you could walk the children :) do both :) then you have a clean house and get some fresh air to! x
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I'd take a good walk over cleaning any day of the week lol!! The fresh air will make you feel better too!
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    No moping allowed, lol. I was there this weekend as well. 2 BIG slices of birthday cake later I finally came to my senses. Just don't let it get you down, and work off what you can. But the biggest thing is, do NOT beat yourself up over it. After all, you are changing your whole lifestyle, the odd piece of cake is allowed to be a part of it :smile:
  • sharkeysmachine
    Options
    Remember the vision you have of yourself... your goal, your dream... don't forget that. It's easy to get discouraged, but think about what you need to accomplish and know that it only happens one pound at a time. So, you ate some cake... go burn it off and forgive yourself.

If it's nice outside, take the kids for a walk. Combine walking the kids with cleaning when you've finished with the walk. The fresh air will do you lots of good. Know that you are not alone!
  • rosy_rsls
    rosy_rsls Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happens to us all!! and its ok!! as long as you get back on that horse!!! ok you ate some cake. big deal. work some of it off and have a lighter dinner =] dont stress. !
  • cassiex10
    cassiex10 Posts: 40
    Options
    I ate cake today too! And it was delicious, so I don't even feel guilty lol

I say go for a walk & drink some water. You'll feel better :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Try to burn off some extra calories, chalk today up to experience and remember that tomorrow is a new day. BUT.... the next time you reach for a piece of cake, keep this day in mind. It always helps me to remember that it's only going to taste good for a minute and after the chewing stops I'll be regretting it for far longer.

Go, girl, go! You can do it!
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Dont feel bad. I ate a mexican buffet today for lunch. I am sure i took in 1400 cals easy. Time to burn it off tonight!!!
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Cake is good. You just have to commit to earning it. Throw on the workout cloths and have at it.
  • gingerfoxxx
    gingerfoxxx Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Multi task! Mope a little bit on your walk. But i bet you anything you won't be feeling so bad by the end of it. And really, don't beat yourself up, everyone slips up a little, it's just being human! And, i am sure it was delicious! :D
  • Tracy184
    Tracy184 Posts: 74
    Options
    Oh my gosh, this is so familiar! I vote you take the kids for a walk. Everyone gets some fresh air and vitamin D, and you can mope AND work off some of that cake. Everybody wins!
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    it definitely happens to me. kudos to you for owning up to what you ate! normally, i just pretend that i didn't actually eat anything that bad. let me tell you, it doesn't work too well.

Haha I do this too.

Go outside!! :smile:
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Haha! Just a cake? You should have seen the damage I did at Cracker Barrel on Easter, all on one plate (I'm sure Satan operates that restaurant chain, by the way)! I knew fried chicken was a bad choice, but WOW, I couldn't believe my totals that day! It was a learning experience for me. It took me a week to get back to normal, but since then, I'm not tempted nearly as much by high fat/sodium/calorie foods. Bottom line - it's one meal on one day, and we've all done it! Have a nice walk, forgive yourself for a minor transgression, and move on with your plan! :smile:
  • michelegrayson
    Options
    Take the kids and get walking :>) Then come home, clean the house and run up the stairs 20 times. After that, you will be too tired to feel guilty!