Supplements?

Options
I've often wondered if they work... I know there isn't a "miracle drug" to lose weight, but there are so many it's hard to dismiss them... I'm currently using the Nutrion Headquaters Fat Metabolisers from Holland and Barret and they seem to work (lost 5lb this week alone!), but I don't know if they're just helping because I quit my energy drinks.

What supplements have you tried? Would you reccomend them?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hard work is free. The rest will just waste your money.
  • SilverRose89
    SilverRose89 Posts: 447 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've often wondered if they work... I know there isn't a "miracle drug" to lose weight, but there are so many it's hard to dismiss them...

That's exactly why you should dismiss them. If they worked, then morbidly obese people would be given them to easily lose weight. But they aren't. That must tell you something?
  • I use the fat metabolisers bc the caffiene content xD I just wanted to know if there truly was anything to help weight loss. I lose weight quickly anyway, just wondered
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I've often wondered if they work... I know there isn't a "miracle drug" to lose weight, but there are so many it's hard to dismiss them... I'm currently using the Nutrion Headquaters Fat Metabolisers from Holland and Barret and they seem to work (lost 5lb this week alone!), but I don't know if they're just helping because I quit my energy drinks.

Snake oil and placebo effect.
    Calorie deficits are free.
  • I've often wondered if they work... I know there isn't a "miracle drug" to lose weight, but there are so many it's hard to dismiss them... I'm currently using the Nutrion Headquaters Fat Metabolisers from Holland and Barret and they seem to work (lost 5lb this week alone!), but I don't know if they're just helping because I quit my energy drinks.

Snake oil and placebo effect.
    Calorie deficits are free.

Placebo effects don't make you lose weight, hon. I just wanted to know if there was anything that could boost metabolism. Not a miracle drug that makes you lose 10lb a day or something.
  • nickinoo92
    nickinoo92 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Has anyone got experience using low calorie protein shakes for weightloss, supressing appetite? it has some really good reviews online (ive just bought some but it hasnt arrived yet)

http://monstersupplements.com/store/product_detail.php?q=4732/1/PhD-Diet-whey-2kg-.html&rewrite=1
  • nickinoo92 wrote: »
    Has anyone got experience using low calorie protein shakes for weightloss, supressing appetite? it has some really good reviews online (ive just bought some but it hasnt arrived yet)

http://monstersupplements.com/store/product_detail.php?q=4732/1/PhD-Diet-whey-2kg-.html&rewrite=1

My boyfriend buys them a lot and I sometimes drink one nearing bedtime if I'm hungry. They're quite good for suppressing appetite but I don't like drinking my calories (bar my 30 calorie allowance for energy drinks), and my bf has normal shakes. I advise a low-cal protein bar as an after dinner snack