Has anyone learned to love themselves?

Options
I've been dedicated to changing the number on the scale for so long, I'm afraid I've forgotten who I am. I started at 250lbs awhile back and before (Singles Awareness Day) I clocked in at 135lbs with a 9 percent BF. I train hard, I eat clean most days, and I've fought hard to see myself the way I've always envisioned. At the end of the day, I'm always disappointed when I look into the mirror; my stomach still hangs, my stretch marks still glow, and my confidence steadily dwindles. How do you face reality when the blood, sweat, and tears have continually failed you? How do you look past the imperfections to see beauty? If anyone has found peace, I'd greatly enjoy hearing your adventure thus far.

Thank you for listening.

Replies

• mstortie
    mstortie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i have found that coco butter works wonder on the stretch marks and the best thing i can tell you is to take pride in your accomplishments that you have lost xamount of weight have gotten comfortable with a healthier lifestyle these are thing that others such as myself can only dream of achieving although i just started but when i look in the mirror i see a trapped person who will be free soon and it has to start with my accepting where i am right now so look at yourself and think about where you were at before this journey started and when you put the coco butter (and it has to be pure coco butter not lotion) think about where you were at before and how far you have come and say i am loveable and loved
  • BULLET9992
    BULLET9992 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Strength train (including with weighted an workouts) to tone up & kill the saggy belly. I'm 5'11" I currently weigh 199.8lb. I lost 40lb in 2012 & now I'm losing more. I'm perfectly fine with my stretch marks because its a reminder to never go back. It will do you a great service to fund a lady that will not only love what you look like & who you are now, but be proud of how far you've come. If you want to keep improving your body & your that low BMI, I'd lift to gain muscle, but do whatever you feel is right & don't feel bad for doing it. I'd rather have stretch marks for several years than be fat forever. Take it easy brother
  • lbfalk
    Options
    When you look in the mirror look at the victories and forgive yourself for past failings. The last post is right about strength training. Everything takes time. Health and living your life having fun is what you need to be doing. Thankfully not being trapped in a body that can't do it is even better!
  • RomanCrews
    RomanCrews Posts: 2 Member
    Options

I do a 4 day split for strength training. I'm 5ft 7, my leg press is 395lbs, and manage pretty decent size compound lifts. I usually do 2 hour training sessions, and I take Re-Built Mass along with GenetixHD elite physique. Thank yall for the support, maybe things will get better with more time.
  • justynato
    justynato Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Take a picture of yourself now, by the end of next week you will see the difference. I think you have done a great job. Keep it up and keep going. You will be rewarded.