Injured knee

can anyone suggest any workouts that will continue to burn calories with an injured knee

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Swimming is good
  • Auna37
    Auna37 Posts: 708 Member
    Aww that stinks. you can do crunches, arm weights, pending how bad it is you could go for a short walk, yoga....you can do other leg exercises so long as you use something for balance or something that can make it so you don't use the injured knee as much.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    What did your doctor or physical therapist say?
  • He said to have a rest for a couple of days and then maybe get back into some light exercise
  • Auna37 wrote: »
    Aww that stinks. you can do crunches, arm weights, pending how bad it is you could go for a short walk, yoga....you can do other leg exercises so long as you use something for balance or something that can make it so you don't use the injured knee as much.

Thank you some great ideas there
  • queenliz99 wrote: »
    Swimming is good

Thank you
  • Pilates may work :) Check out Blogilates on youtube, totally free awesome videos (she has a beginner calendar on her blog/website too which you can use for free).
  • Wol5894
    Wol5894 Posts: 127 Member
    Swimming is always my "go to" exercise when I have injuries (and I have had lots over the years). Also anything upper body that you can do either lying down or sitting, so that you don't put stress on your knee. If you do do exercises that involve your knee, make sure you start off SLOWLY and build it up over a period of time, no matter how tempted you feel to make things more intense sooner - the number of times I made that mistake before it finally stuck in my mind not to over do it at the beginning are numerous! Gently and progressively are your key words.
  • Awesome thanks for the great tips
  • Pilates may work :) Check out Blogilates on youtube, totally free awesome videos (she has a beginner calendar on her blog/website too which you can use for free).

Awesome will check it out