Beauty vs. fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Everyone should exercise to stay healthy. No one can exercise to stay young. You will get old no matter what you do. I don't care if you're a model or a nerd.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    needernt wrote: »
    ...... I notice indeed the most beautiful models (women models) don't do heavy exercises and they look pretty healthy, fit and fresh.

What do you base that assertion on?
    I personally know a female glamour model who smokes and does zero exercise and she looks more fresh than most girls around.

so you know one model out of how many thousands????
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Although there are lots of discussions about importance of weight training for every man and woman, but I notice indeed the most beautiful models (women models) don't do heavy exercises and they look pretty healthy, fit and fresh.

What do you think? Should we necessarily exercise to stay healthy and young?

I think this is a matter of opinion, and I don't agree, if indeed, they do not exercise, which I find difficult to believe is true for all of them.

I think exercise is very important to being healthy.

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Describing things as looking 'fresh' reminds me of baked goods. Not people.
  • gettinleanin2015
    gettinleanin2015 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    joolsmd wrote: »
    joolsmd wrote: »
    Looking healthy and being healthy are two seperate things.
    Ummmm ,it's a bit complicated but generally we want to be healthy in order to look healthy and young. Why do you think healthy people need not to look healthy?
    They could look like a dog thats been buried for three weeks then dug up, but could still be healthier than the daisy fresh looking model next to them.

However, I agree that the majority of people who work out do so to look better. I just don't think that people who look better are necessarily healthier (Kate Moss's use of prodigious amounts of cocaine are documented fact, at least in the UK).

She lights up in front of a camera (no pun intended), but her lifestyle is shown in candid shots - lots of smoking and drugs have aged Kate Moss terribly. She does have that certain something, though. Camera adores her.

Aaaaanyway. Most models win the genetic lottery, and I'm sure not many of them are adverse to lacing up their sports shoes every now and then. As someone put it succinctly before me, there's a difference between looking healthy and actually being healthy.
  • FitFitzy331
    FitFitzy331 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    http://www.dailyhiit.com/hiit-blog/hiit-life/fitness/love-emily-skyefit/

Yep. Looking like they don't do anything heavy has nothing at all to do with photoshop.

But it's really the OPs opinion. Maybe he just doesn't find muscle definition attractive in a woman. Personally, I'd much rather have defined muscles and feel strong than eventually get osteoporosis and feel weak my whole life, but to each his own.
  • krisalexine
    krisalexine Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Although there are lots of discussions about importance of weight training for every man and woman, but I notice indeed the most beautiful models (women models) don't do heavy exercises and they look pretty healthy, fit and fresh.

What do you think? Should we necessarily exercise to stay healthy and young?

IMG_0257_NNIYTSKGZE.jpg
    Ashley Kaltwasser

img_1516v1411159574.jpg
    Yeshaira Robles

JB5_5842_PGKKJJFMMP.jpg
    Janet Layug

They definitely lift heavy, brah.

Already regretting Googling these beautiful girls. I may have just given myself a complex.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    ...... I notice indeed the most beautiful models (women models) don't do heavy exercises and they look pretty healthy, fit and fresh.

I personally know a female glamour model who smokes and does zero exercise and she looks more fresh than most girls around.

That may be...while she is young. But the years will (likely) not be kind if she stays on that road. You have to be somewhat genetically elite in order to look good and be healthy without exercise, beyond your mid-20s or so, especially if you end up in a minimally active job (like an office worker.) The average person doesn't get to skate through life looking good while lazing about like the people in Wall-E.
  • needernt
    needernt Posts: 675 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »

That may be...while she is young. But the years will (likely) not be kind if she stays on that road. You have to be somewhat genetically elite in order to look good and be healthy without exercise, beyond your mid-20s or so, especially if you end up in a minimally active job (like an office worker.) The average person doesn't get to skate through life looking good while lazing about like the people in Wall-E.

I think you're right, she is 27 at the moment. But you know, here lifestyle as a model makes her very stress free. Concerning personality, I can say she lives life of a 19 years old girl.

Indeed, you mentioned a very important thing here, after mid 20 or more exactly after 30 everything will change dramatically. This is something I personally felt.
    It is something that most people under this age don't understand. They assume they will always remain the same.
    But on top of that I think personality and and less negative attitude plays a far more important role than exercises. (There are many stupid, illiterate people out there who look very happy even at old age because they don't know what is stress!)
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Are we talking runway/commercial type models? Some exercise with cardio, some do nothing and are simply young with good genes, some utilize substances/methods that help you stay thin without fitness. Their diet plays a key role in the way they look. The modeling industry isn't exactly a model image of health. Provided you are motivated, there are plenty of unhealthy ways to appear healthy. Exercise is a crucial part of health and longevity of that health. Anyone can get thin without exercise. It's just a simple deficit. Now, that won't make you a physically fit person.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Well, when my looks fade, at least I'll have strong bones. I'll keep lifting, kthx.
  • needernt
    Options
    It all sounds to me I should keep up with my exercise routine, there is no shortcut. :)
  • TiliaIvanovska
    TiliaIvanovska Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Emily Skye is a great example of beauty AND fitness! Models do work out but they do cardio and don't lift heavy weights. I believe that looking good has a lot to do with exercising and eating clean, just staying healthy...
  • needernt
    Options
    alysme wrote: »
    If you're an actress/celeb etc you'll have a personal trainer.
    I reckon the vast majority of famous women lift to a greater or lesser extent.
    You can't really tell a woman lifts unless you see them in the gym just after a workout. I look pretty muscular after a work out, at the moment I look fairly slim and normal.
    Jennifer Anistion has rounded shoulders (I'm not sure what muscle it is) like female lifters.
    Britney is on the cover of women's fitness this month.
    Madonna has/has biceps.

Britney looked far better before she suffered from an insidious mental breakdown. Now she just stitch herself up through exercise.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I looked my best when I was working out regularly. I've had to stop for health reasons the last six months or so. I'm underweight now, and don't look as good as I did when I was working out. I felt better and looked better when I was able to work out every day.

not sure why using models as the example is the way to go, since when we see them they're all airbrushed to F**k.