A Question for the Guys Under Age 25

2»

Replies

• sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    sbbhbm wrote: »
    It actually only bothered me for a few minutes; age and maturity don't correlate with a lot of men I know.

Personally...I think the maturity level would be far too different.

I'm 22, and barely consider guys under 25/26. There might be a few exceptions.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    When I was 23, I don't think I would have dated a 36 year old with any intentions of something long term. I would have probably done it for the hibbity-bibbity*... but that's it.

*hibbity-bibbity - noun (hib-itty-bib-itty) - aka "intercourse" - physical sexual contact between individuals that involves the genitalia

Yeah, this is pretty much what I was going to say. Glad one of the guys said it.

He may be interested, but it's probably only for the one thing, nothing serious.

• cortezpj
    cortezpj Posts: 129 Member
    Yep, I agree with the hibbity-bibbity (my new favorite word).

Ok, meaning NO disrespect -- you don't look 23 from your pictures. And there's nothing wrong with that. You're attractive and obviously able to express yourself based on the way you write. But on some level, he had to know you were older than him and that intrigued him. Yeah, I know the whole "checking Facebook" is the new norm, but you're over-thinking that one, in my opinion.

Also, you mentioned you apparently work with a friend of his. You've officially pooped in your own backyard, something we should all avoid.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    cortezpj wrote: »
    Yep, I agree with the hibbity-bibbity (my new favorite word).

Ok, meaning NO disrespect -- you don't look 23 from your pictures. And there's nothing wrong with that. You're attractive and obviously able to express yourself based on the way you write. But on some level, he had to know you were older than him and that intrigued him. Yeah, I know the whole "checking Facebook" is the new norm, but you're over-thinking that one, in my opinion.

Also, you mentioned you apparently work with a friend of his. You've officially pooped in your own backyard, something we should all avoid.

I just asked his friend how old he thinks I am- he thought I was 26 or 27.
  • JeaninePaige
    JeaninePaige Posts: 464 Member
    If you both are on the same page mentally, then the age difference shouldn't matter IMO. I was never a believer in a number defining someone's maturity. Sure, you'll come across people who may share different opinions but in the end, it's your life and you have to do what makes you happy! Go for it.