Goal Weight? 5'3" - 5'6"

Options
Hi Ladies,
I am down about 25 lbs (CW 145) and I have met what I had originally set as my goal weight. For ladies who are of similar stature, what is your goal weight?

Replies

• Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I'm happiest at around 110. I am small boned and I don't carry much muscle mass, though.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, not got a specific goal weight as such but I was 112lbs not too long ago and it would be nice to get back down to that. But if I'm happy before I get there then I'll stop.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I like it when people set body fat % goals instead of a specific weight. It frees you from the scale. If you have a good body composition that you're happy with, who cares what the scale says?
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I think that I had an idea on where I would be at 145 and to still feel as if I have quite a bit weight to lose it might just be time to reassess my goals.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »
    I like it when people set body fat % goals instead of a specific weight. It frees you from the scale. If you have a good body composition that you're happy with, who cares what the scale says?

This is true. If I had good body comp I'd toss the damn scale out the window and be done with it!
  • jessicarobinson00
    jessicarobinson00 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Agreed on not wanting to be victim to the scale. :)
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    terbusha wrote: »

I'd set a body fat % goal if it was easier to get an accurate measurement! All the calculators I've used have given wildly different results.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and originally my goal was to be down to 135, but my trainer also convinced me that body comp was the way to go. He is convinced the lowest that I should go to is 140. I am currently 143 and 23% body fat. He is pretty happy with my numbers, but thinks that I can trim a couple of more percentage points off the body fat. So I think he was right in the 140 being my goal weight. :D I'm still a victim to the scale, but now I'm not so aggravated at the fluctuations because the body comp is where I kind of want it.
  • LovingLife_Erin
    LovingLife_Erin Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I'm at 257, after losing 53lbs. My first goal weight is 180. I've not been that light since I was a pre-teen, I believe, so I want to get there and then reevaluate my goals from there. Depending on how I look/feel, I think I'd like to go down to 150-160, and clearly change my goals if I really need to at that point. I'm not that fussed about the number past 180, but more in how I feel.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and pretty small-framed, and I only do light strength training, so I maintain my weight around 118 pounds. My body fat is around 19% as far as I can estimate with our calipers.

My highest weight was around 145 pounds and I looked overweight then because of my frame. My arms looked big, there was a bunch of extra fat below my navel, and my thighs rubbed together like no one's business. It was obviously not the ideal weight for me with my small bone structure and without a ton of muscle.

Some women with wider ribcages/shoulders/hips and with more muscle look great at that weight, but I looked dumpy.
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    B) im 5'5 my normal BMI start at 160 lbs but nop my curves and soul are gonna rest in peace at 185-190 lbs and im gonna own it :)
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am 5"3 and I am down to 133 which my goal was 135 but I still have fat on my stomach so I am going to try to get to 120.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 162; I got down to my lowest of 120, and that was too small; I looked sickly. I have a big frame and have muscle definition in my arms, shoulders, back and abs that I'm quite happy with. I am maintaining between 125 - 129. It's perfect for me and my size 26 jeans. I usually wear small shirts, but with my shoulder and arm size, I generally have to get a medium shirt if it has sleeves. :wink: Good luck! :smile: And remember to incorporate some weight training in your routine and you'll be much happier with your results! :smiley:
  • MBL512
    MBL512 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal weight is on the lower side, but that is honestly where I feel best. I am currently 102, and would like to drop another 5-6 lbs. But, I would be okay if I could maintain for now where I currently am. Problem is, every time I start to add any extra calories to my diet, my weight shoots up. It was suggested in another thread to go 5 lbs below where I would like to maintain so that the weight gains associated with increasing calories would put me back to where I started. Not sure if that made any sense. LOL
  • IGotThis1992
    IGotThis1992 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    5'4
    SW - 256
    CW - 183
    GW - 160
  • samfordbelle
    samfordbelle Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and my trainer would like to see me get to 140 (CW180). That's with getting body fat % down and adding 10 lbs of muscle to my wimpy musculatory system. :D That should be a comfortable weight to maintain (I have a medium frame). After that, she said we could talk about getting body fat % lower if I want.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I'm just 5'5" and I have my goal weight set at 145. I really just picked it because I felt like I needed one and it's at the upper range of a "normal" BMI for my height. I'm not sure where I'll land eventually.
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal weight is 130-135 depending on the amount of lifting I end up wanting to do. I think that will be a good place where I don't have to try too hard to keep my weight from fluctuating
  • abarriere
    abarriere Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" with a decently sized hourglass frame, meaning I hide weight well. My first goal weight is around 165, but i am going to reassess when I get closer. Last time I was 165 (almost 10 years ago) I could wear a bikini and looked pretty thin. I wasn't the healthiest back then though, took diet pills, did a lot of cardio and ate unhealthy things like lean pockets and other processed foods (silly college kid). This time though, i am focusing more on body composition and not the scale number. I have a personal trainer who wants me to get to in the lower 20's for body fat percentage.

I started post pregnancy at 224 (47% BF) and am currently 214 (43% BF), so I have a ways to go.
  • ashleyolson94
    ashleyolson94 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" my CW 183 and I wanna get down to 120.