Looking for Paleo Friends

Options
Hey guys,

I've been on a pretty strict diet for a long while now, it's really, really helped my painful IBS. I'm hoping to find some more friends who eat like I do. Specifically I eat a FODMAPS type diet that is basically paleo with a few small exceptions (potatoes).

Cheers!

Replies

• melaniefave41
    melaniefave41 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I suffer with IBS and am into helping myself as much as possible through diet. Which, as you mentioned, is basically Paleo. Feel free to friend me!
  • deebol
    deebol Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, how are you getting on with FODMAP?
    I used to eat strict paleo and loved it now my IBS wont let me eat anything that i could normally eat on the paleo diet and ive gained a lot of weight... any tips on how you've managed FODMAP and lose weight??
  • ambergems
    Options
    I just started eating 'pseudo' paleo. Pseudo because I haven't felt the need to get rid of dairy, and I will drink coffee. I also eat potatoes and sweet potatoes. I changed because I figured I have nothing to loose, and we wanted to cut bread and pasta from our diet. (my husband and myself). I was also always hungry and tired all the time so keeping track of my calories was discouraging as i often went over my daily goal of 1500 calories per day (yet was always so tired).

after a WEEK of cutting the bread and pasta and rice we had so much more energy and felt much better about ourselves.

I didn't want anything restrictive. We vowed to cut the breads for a month... so far I've been shopping based upon various recipes.

What websites have helped? recipes? I would love to keep this as a sustainable way of life.
  • katk2
    katk2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been trying paleo for a while now but find it hard sometimes to stick to it. I love coking and I always try new recipes. But there are moments where I just follow and join my family with normal eating. How can I stay motivated and strict guys? Any ideas? Is Here any group that I could join to get support and find back my motivation?
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I've learned that you can make almost anything paleo friendly. I love mashed cauliflower or sweet potatoes instead of regular mashed potatoes. I use zucchini in the place of spaghetti and lasagna noodles. I make an all nut granola that is just to die for. You can dehydrated sweet potatoes, zucchini, beets, parsnips for chips. There are a ton of paleo friendly cookie, cake and brownie recipes. I vary rarely feel deprived.
  • patsypooter
    patsypooter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hello everyone! Still looking for paleo friends, preferably people who have an open diary. It's helpful to see how others are eating if only for motivation alone!!
  • patsypooter
    Options
    katk2 wrote: »
    Hi. I have been trying paleo for a while now but find it hard sometimes to stick to it. I love coking and I always try new recipes. But there are moments where I just follow and join my family with normal eating. How can I stay motivated and strict guys? Any ideas? Is Here any group that I could join to get support and find back my motivation?

I understand how hard it can be especially when you have to prepare other peoples food that isn't paleo. For me, I feel better when I eat a certain way so that is what has given me motivation to stick to it!!!

Not sure about groups, I believe the group search function is wonky now so its hard to find groups.

• patsypooter
    Options
    deebol wrote: »
    Hey, how are you getting on with FODMAP?
    I used to eat strict paleo and loved it now my IBS wont let me eat anything that i could normally eat on the paleo diet and ive gained a lot of weight... any tips on how you've managed FODMAP and lose weight??

FODMAPs has been great, really really helped me a lot. I don't do dairy or sugar though. I found that the weight was easy to lose when I stuck to this diet. I've stopped actively trying to lose weight and have indulged a bit and I'm maintaining my weight loss which is still great in my opinion.

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I eat paleo (for the most part) to help with my gluten allergy! I've had great success thus far. Feel free to add me :)
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I have my diary open to my friends. And I consider myself 75% paleo... I'll let myself cheat every once and a while....
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Two days in on a paleo. The only thing I miss are peanut butter and oatmeal/ I did drop a little weight from water retention.
  • katytherunner1
    katytherunner1 Posts: 7
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I'm paleo, feel free to add!
  • eveedance
    eveedance Posts: 77
    Options
    Hi, primal guy here. Feel free to add.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have an open diary and have been strictly paleo/primal since November. Recently added cheese and yogurt. I dabble in LCHF. Going paleo is one of the best changes I have ever made.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Paleo here. Feel free to add me too!
  • charnleym
    charnleym Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm mainly primal/paleo, feel free to add me.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I'm close to paleo, but quite yet. I'm sticking with my current program for another 60 days or so before I decide if I want to switch to full paleo or not. But would love the friends to see how you guys like it, so anyone can add me if they wish!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I recently started Paleo as a baby step toward Autoimmune Paleo. Feel free to add me! I look forward to this being a lifelong change.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I am not full time paleo- but just started the Whole 30 which is similar, and will be continuing similar eating from now on even after the 30 because it is how I should be eating with my PCOS and Hypothyroidism--- you can add me, would love ideas from others diaries!!
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Oh- the poster before me reminded me- I am doing the Autoimmune Whole 30 -- because of PCOS