Marcy Home Gym workout routines?

Options
So, I have a Marcy Home Gym that I got as a gift. It's an awesome little set up, and it's all I have in the way of at home fitness equipment. Currently no free weights or resistance bands or anything. I'm trying to get a workout plan set up for myself.

So far I know that i want to do workout Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and I am going to do yoga on Tuesday and Thursday.

I'd like to do upper, core, lower on the workouts so I can focus on one area of the body per workout. I'm just pretty clueless about the best way to put together a workout for the best results. I'm working for weight-loss mostly, but I do want to build muscle as well.

Any help would be rad.

Replies

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Do you know the model number or have a photo/diagram of it? I also use a Marcy home gym, so I might be able to help.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Ok. For upper body, my suggestion would be to focus more on the front press and lat pulldown exercises, as these work more muscle groups than isolation exercises like the butterfly and preacher curl. So maybe something like 3-5 sets of 6-12 reps for front press and same for lat pulldown. For butterflyes and curls, you could 2-3 sets of 6-12 reps.

For lower body, it looks like you are stuck with all isolation exercises. I would suggest something like 3-4 sets of leg curls, 2-3 sets of leg extensions, and 3-4 sets of leg abductions (if that one is possible).

Unfortunately, although I could be wrong, it doesn't look to me as though the machine you have allows for any core work. For the upper and lower body work, if you haven't actually done any of the exercises before I would advise starting with lower volume for the first week (maybe just a couple sets for each exercise) to get accustomed to the exercises. Likewise, eventually you could probably add an extra set or two for each of these exercises.