Favorite boneless, skinless chicken breast recipes!

Options

Replies

• dawnmcneil10
    dawnmcneil10 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    At a quick glance I didn't see any posts that include fruit so here are a couple things I discovered.
    If sauteeing chicken in skillet just before it's finished toss in some pecans and frozen blueberries, creates a really nice sauce. I usually add a little cinnamon for added flavor (raspberries work well too I just prefer the blueberries).

Chicken breast, canned mandarin oranges with walnuts and dried cranberries work really well in a crockpot for those days you're busy and cooking seems like a chore.

I haven't tried this yet but just had the idea of slicing some apples thingly and then wrapping chicken and apples in bacon. Place the apples over the chicken breast and wrap then saute or bake. Oh yeah this might be happening very soon.
  • HumboldtFred
    HumboldtFred Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I take some breast strips put them in a zip-lock with crushed garlic, sririchai, PB2, soy sauce and 5 spice powder and let them sit overnight. Then I saute them with some beansprouts for faux pad Thai
  • usflygirl55
    usflygirl55 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    bump to see the ideas later :D
  • Samina1215
    Samina1215 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump for reference
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I cut them in strips and cook them in teriyaki sauce with bean sprouts. Stir fry veggies with a little Asian spice on the side.
  • cotewalter
    cotewalter Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Stir fry, Fajitas, when I cook them I cook a good amount for leftovers or cut up and put on a salad. or just have the cooked tenders in small sizes for a quick protein snack! Actually I prefer boneless skinless thighs. Like the flavor better and they are moister too!
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
  • DianaLovesCoffee
    DianaLovesCoffee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Mix together 1tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, a little salt & pepper. Sprinkle heavily over both side of chicken breasts. Cook on med-high heat in a little (1 tsp) olive oil for about 3-4 minutes per side.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    We always make a big batch of chicken to eat all week in different recipes.
    Here is one of my recent favorites:

Mix together:
    Fage 2% Greek Yogurt
    Curry seasoning to taste
    Sea Salt to taste

Then add all of this into the yogurt mixture and mix it all together:
    3 oz. cooked chicken breast
    Diced Onion
    2 oz Avocado
    Diced Tomato
    Parsley

That makes one serving.

I like it in a wrap, a lettuce wrap, or over sliced tomatoes or a greens salad without dressing. High in good fats and protein!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    1) take thin sliced boneless skinless (or slice regular breasts to be thinner)
    1.5) place on pan lightly coated with EVOO
    2) top with a scoop of REAL pesto (the kind that is low calories because it is basil and real olive oil and not much else...you have to read a bunch of labels to find a good one because many pesto "sauces" have a lot more too them and are very high cal)
    3) top that with a thin slice of fresh buffalo mozzarella
    4) top that with two thin slices of fresh tomato
    5) sprinkle fresh parmesan on top
    5.5) salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste
    6) bake for 10-20 mins until chicken is cooked

These are SO good and always so juicy. Taste great with your favorite pasta or with a nice salad or veggie side dish. It is really easy to play around with the amount of cheese and pesto to meet your calorie and taste needs. Highly recommend.
  • shesellsseayshells
    Options
    I use already cooked chicken to make some freaking awesome curry chicken salad.
    I use chopped grapes, (some people like raisins, yuck), chopped apples and greek yogurt. I mix up the greek yogurt with the curry to get the flavor right then add everything.

I have a bunch of random dishes that I use chicken breast for, so I make a big batch of plain chicken breast, just marinating it in olive oil, salt, pepper and either garlic or garlic powder. From there, it's easy to season it for fajitas, buffalo chicken wraps, various chicken salads, chicken parm. I find the prep makes the other meals go so much faster, so I am more likely to cook after a long day than go out and blow my whole day.
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options
    I'm not seeing anyone mention Hoisin Sauce (Chinese Plum stuff from Moo Shu ) as a cheap "quickie". (~15-cents/ounce, or pre-make your own for a fraction of that; you won't use much at any one time)

Glop a little onto your chicken pre-cooking (or as a glaze while cooking) - Also combine with the many stir-fries mentioned here. Really excels as a marinade if ya wanna drop a whole bottle's contents into a ziplock with a few thighs/breasts for as long as ya wanna.

I think I use it so much that the contact grill (George Foreman et al) prolly has seasoned to it.

I like to 'season' veggie broth with it (about 1Tbsp per cup of broth) for slow-cooker stuff of all kinds.
  • AmyCD22
    Options
    Bump
  • annaheyoolay
    annaheyoolay Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    So easy and great served over brown rice with avocado, sour cream, salsa, and cholula.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html?m=1
  • xeleanorxrigbyx
    xeleanorxrigbyx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm really fond of this one: http://rachelschultz.com/2012/07/11/worlds-best-chicken/

She has a brown sugar chicken that's pretty good too.
  • kilinnnda
    Options
    A great way to get flavor without having to use so much of artificial flavoring is to cut the chicken into thin strips add enough water go barely cover it add a bit of mustard, garlic, sweet paprika, cayenne pepper(if u like spicy) salt, black pepper, cumin, turmeric... Ok u don't need to use all of this. I use all I have. Once u have it all in there mix well live it in low steam for about 5 min the chicken absorb the flavors the on medium high just continue cooking until the water dries and it will be packed with flavor. I like to add some onions and green bell pepper at this point just to give a stir fry feeling. When u start it like this( with water) u don't even need to add any oil in the cooking process.
  • sarahammitchell
    sarahammitchell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing but instead of herbs and what not I use a bit of Indian spices, a little bit of cumin and tandoori spice with salt and pepper tastes very good if you cook it in a bit of olive oil or butter. I find butter is a bit better as it does help up the Indian spices. If I feel it's lacking some sauce then some plain greek yogurt or low fat sour cream goes nice if you serve the chicken with rice.
  • amyruben
    amyruben Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    -Cut 1 breast in half. Salt and pepper both sides.
    -Heat up a saute pan with 1 Tbls of oil (I prefer avocado!) over medium heat for 2 minutes
    -Cook breasts for 4 mins then flip
    -After 2 mins on second side, add 1/2 cup white wine (I usually use some 2 buck Chuck chardonnay) and 2 minced garlic cloves then mix 'sauce' around in pan and spoon over the chicken.
    -Then, cover each breast with a handful of baby spinach and a slice of smoked gouda cheese over the spinach. Put a lid on the pan.
    -Cook for 1 more minute. Turn off heat.
    -Let sit with lid on for about 2 mins
    -Serve with brown rice/whole grain pasta. Or if you're doing no/low carb, zuchinni pasta or just extra steamed veg is great too!
  • HealthyHappyKyla
    HealthyHappyKyla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump