First timer

Options
Italianant
Italianant Posts: 18 Member
This is probably the first time I'm making a real effort to lose weight even though I think about it all the time. What has changed you say? Motivation.... I have had the lack of motivation for quite some time. Last week, I was diagnosed with "pseudotumor cerebri" which the brain puts too much pressure and causes vision problems along with other things. The short term solution is medication.... the long term solution is losing 5 to 10% of my BMI for young women like myself. I am determined and this is my second day. I think I'm doing great with calorie intake..... now if only I can start exercising!!

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Small world!
    A friend of mine has this condition too!
    She's not on MFP (that I know of), but she is on FB.
  • psi_overtake
    psi_overtake Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That's a great reason for joining!! I hope you keep it up and your medical condition goes away ^_^
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Good on you.

Don't be so hard on yourself about the exercise. It will come to you and soon you will look forward to your workouts.

There are some great people around here who offer good advice and plenty of support.
  • Niveous
    Niveous Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey, great to see that you found your way here!

I was in your position last year when I was diagnosed with PTC, but have successfully gone into remission. It's not a disease that you want to mess around with (I have permanent vision damage in my left eye from it sadly), so I'm really glad to see you here. Feel free to add me if you need any support! (: