Why did i eat so much crap yesterday? Knowing how i would feel?

Options
2»

Replies

• mytabouly
    mytabouly Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Please dont starve yourself... Its a sure fire way to head down the slippery slope towards disordered eating..
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    What if i go out and try to make friends and completely embarass myself?

That is how you get good stories. :)

There is less to lose than you think. You are losing more by NOT taking any risks.
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us go through this, especially on the weekends. We go WAY over our calories and then have to make up for it. I totally feel your pain
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Your story loosely reminds me of the saying "Anyone can workout for an hour, it's the other 23 hours of watching what goes in your mouth that is the hard part".

Nice analogy!
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Because you're human.

and this!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    mytabouly wrote: »
    Please dont starve yourself... Its a sure fire way to head down the slippery slope towards disordered eating..

After reading his posts over the past few days, I think that slippery slope has been met and ship has sailed.

That being said, OP, you should really see a counselor about not being happy and trying to lose weight to be happy.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    mytabouly wrote: »

After reading his posts over the past few days, I think that slippery slope has been met and ship has sailed.

That being said, OP, you should really see a counselor about not being happy and trying to lose weight to be happy.

You're right. I'm looking for someone right now and making an appointment. I guess i'm so used to just sitting with my problems and dealing with them, it seemed easier than going out and fixing them. What i'm doing now clearly isn't working and it's time to change that.

I still appreciate the crap out of you guys and love you guys to death, but i need a good therapist. If anyone has any advice about finding the right one, feel free to chime in! I'm calling places right now
  • foodiscomplicated
    foodiscomplicated Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have anyone noticed that well into the next day after over-eating you remain satiated, allowing you to skip meals without the usual pangs of hunger? I can easily go without eating for most, if not all day. The obvious result - no or little weight gain. Sweet.
  • NurseCU
    NurseCU Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I feel the desire to hug you because I'm an extremely empathetic person. Sometimes a nice, warm and meaningful embrace gives you a little extra strength too! Just know we are all here for you, MPF has been the best support for me because everyone understands to a certain extent what you are going through.

Keep your head up, embrace change, and eliminate the negativity from your life! You are magnificent, and marvelous human being that deserves to be happy.

As far as your relationship, having a child together should not be the main reason for staying together... Yes, your daughter is the best reason to try to work out your relationship, but should not be the only reason to stay. You are worth it, to be able to enjoy someone that truly supports you and makes you happy!

I think it's wise that you are going to talk to a therapist (God knows I've seen my fair share of them!!!) they really do help because they offer very unbiased advice, and really allow you to work through your problems.
  • seyaedom
    seyaedom Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Dude, think of it this way. That was just one day out of the week, or month, or year of having - what we can, a "cheat day" so don't even sweat it by killing yourself over it. Just hit up the gym now the next day, day after that, and the day after that etc, and keep at it with your regular routine and go hard. #StayStrong