The Truth about Calorie Restriction

Options

Replies

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Sit down to drink coffee. "The Truth About Calorie Restriction" - this should be fun...

Four minutes later:

Brave1.gif
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Oh boy. I had this huge debate on FB yesterday arguing with people who said cico doesn't work. I directed them to the mfp forums. I hope I didn't drag a whole lotta trouble over here.... :open_mouth:

I gave up trying to explain CICO to people....So now I'm all "yeah - enjoy your boring chicken and brown rice while I eat this pizza..."

Those are the two options?

There is actually only one option....CICO :)
    and CICO people never eat brown rice and chicken? B)

Sure they do...but people I know seem to think that brown rice, chicken and steamed veggies have to be their dinner every night when they're on a diet. I've tried to explain - 'calories in /calories out', and to figure out their TDEE blah blah but they don't want to hear it.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Oh boy. I had this huge debate on FB yesterday arguing with people who said cico doesn't work. I directed them to the mfp forums. I hope I didn't drag a whole lotta trouble over here.... :open_mouth:

I gave up trying to explain CICO to people....So now I'm all "yeah - enjoy your boring chicken and brown rice while I eat this pizza..."

Those are the two options?

There is actually only one option....CICO :)
    and CICO people never eat brown rice and chicken? B)

Sure they do...but people I know seem to think that brown rice, chicken and steamed veggies have to be their dinner every night when they're on a diet. I've tried to explain - 'calories in /calories out', and to figure out their TDEE blah blah but they don't want to hear it.
    That's different then.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    :huh:

You found the eyeroll ...I've been looking for the eyeroll ...I happy now :smiley:

As for OP ...yeah, didn't read it...sorry ...too long. Got the gist from some of the responses though and a-huh :huh:
  • MandyClark87
    MandyClark87 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Proper food, in moderation, watch your nutrition and exorcise. DIETS don't work, Life Changes, do!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Rabbit where's the eyeroll?? I'm on my phone so have to type it in and :eyerroll: doesn't work
  • Christine_72
    Options
    Proper food, in moderation, watch your nutrition and exorcise. DIETS don't work, Life Changes, do!

Getting exorcised won't make you lose weight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Unless the demon inside me is making me eat :open_mouth:
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Getting exorcised won't make you lose weight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Unless the demon inside me is making me eat :open_mouth:

It's all that shooger. It's the debil.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Rabbit where's the eyeroll?? I'm on my phone so have to type it in and :eyerroll: doesn't work

You put a huh between the colons

Happy bunny :grinning:
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip on how to :huh:
  • jvt63
    jvt63 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    a lot of you ARE mean people. mocking someone pointing it out doesn't change that.
  • swoledad
    swoledad Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I never post on these forums.
    Also, I am the biggest TL;DRer going around.
    However today OP sucked me in by going full retard.

tulhnnps6p0i.jpg

OP, wake up. Weight loss is a simple science.
    CALORIES IN vs CALORIES OUT plus WILL POWER.

You lack the last one.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Why is it that these drive-by word explosions don't have follow up?

I can see our young and righteous twenty year old thinking "hah, hah, I told them!"

Such hubris and absence of openness to criticism is an example of an unexamined life.
    Poor Socrates.
  • rebeccaxf
    rebeccaxf Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    jvt63 wrote: »
    a lot of you ARE mean people. mocking someone pointing it out doesn't change that.

Yeah, it's a PERSON, not a post.
    herrspoons wrote: »
    rebeccaxf wrote: »
    Wow..... the amount of flaming and general rudeness in the replies is astounding. Agree or disagree the OP, whatever happened to respectful discussion?!

Welcome to the internet.

Well, if other people do it, then by all means, carry on. ::eyeroll::
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Why is it that these drive-by word explosions don't have follow up?

I can see our young and righteous twenty year old thinking "hah, hah, I told them!"

Such hubris and absence of openness to criticism is an example of an unexamined life.
    Poor Socrates.

I think where the OP is at is pretty normal for 20 year olds.

Don't you remember when you were young and knew everything? :D

• Christine_72
    Options
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options

Mocking someone who calls you mean gets you more Meanness Points, which can be traded in for great prizes like faulty food scales and sweaty benches. I'm pretty excited to see what my score will be for mocking you calling out people who mocked the person who called us out. Have you checked your Pearl Clutching Points?
  • bigd66218
    bigd66218 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Post after post about calorie restriction...A few months on a set regime Insanity/Body Beast/Whatever you have to commit to a lifestyle change of healthy diet with exercise daily and you will lose the weight and keep it off.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Yeah, it's a PERSON, not a post.
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Wow..... the amount of flaming and general rudeness in the replies is astounding. Agree or disagree the OP, whatever happened to respectful discussion?!

Welcome to the internet.

Well, if other people do it, then by all means, carry on. ::eyeroll::

No one here has been mean...

I don't understand why people take things so personally. It's the internet.
This discussion has been closed.