The Truth about Calorie Restriction

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    She still hasn't posted her progress picsm an.

9754ff3281d2707dde130f25b24927bb326fb189be4901640cfca7b2f06ce6c8.jpg
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    avshwartz wrote: »
    Please somebody explain why people ca
    trixieloo wrote: »
    So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

tumblr_m2yrc0Uyze1qf7853o1_250.gif

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer

So because I've had a transformation since starting to eat gelato every night that must be all the proof you would need that 80 10 10 is unnecessary, right?

eta:

8cdf4608-0388-4cca-af70-726319b71a89_zpscf6393e1.jpg

1d90c02d-7605-4c19-a9e2-60b7751a6ffe_zps136dec44.jpg

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png

Gelato diet = win.

Goddamn you are hot. Hot enough to melt that gelato! LOL!

And damn, I leave to take a shower and my notifications on this thread blew up!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer

So because I've had a transformation since starting to eat gelato every night that must be all the proof you would need that 80 10 10 is unnecessary, right?

It's all I needed to subscribe to the Acrylics way of life. I'm not just a promoter, I'm a user! Baked goods and ice cream, nearly two years and holding strong.

I should sell books.

You'd male a killing.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

You are claiming to defy the laws of physics. That would require some proof beyond your repeated assertions of "because I said so".

What laws of physics lady?? Calories in calories out?? Not all caloriea are the same, you should know that

Oh, how I wish I knew how to post gifs!!!!

Very simply now: a calorie is a unit of measurement. What you're saying is tantamount to saying that an inch is not an inch. You're a woman. You should know better.

Sorry guys, it had to be said.

Click on the little paper looking thing above where you type your post, copy and paste the url to the gif there - post.

tumblr_md5nebsJus1riclwqo1_r1_500.gif

Also, to get the link to the gif you want, just right click and select "view image".

Hope that helps.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Reading this and seeing 80-10-10....nobody remembers Ernie the cyclist with his bloodwork. . . .and quoting himself last year?!? Really? No one. . . .

1WiankD.gif

That was hilarious!

Funniest part....and this is sincere...he didn't follow the diet! He was a friggin' riot!

Really? I must have totally missed that. But it matches up with what I see from a lot of people here (clean eaters who eat fast food, anti-sugar people who eat flavored yogurts, etc.)

He wasn't around long....had really low BF, cycling for cal burn, crazy about the 80-10-10. . .for 30 days...he kept responding to posts but forgetting to quote what or who he was responding to.....lived in Texas I think. . . .it was one of the better threads from January last year......think think think.......
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

You do understand that by replacing certain foods with ones that are less calorie or/and nutrient dense, you are eating less than you were which is still calorie restricting, right?
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

You do understand that by replacing certain foods with ones that are less calorie or/and nutrient dense, you are eating less than you were which is still calorie restricting, right?

Well if eating 5 bananas plus dates for breakfast is calorie restricting... Then im doing it wrong

And what was the total calories you ate for the day? I bet if you are losing weight eating whatever plus this for breakfast, you are at a calorie deficit.

*GASP*

Well this breakfast alone is about 800 calories... So much rice and potatoes later.. 2500

Wait, you eat rice and potatoes? From the 5 minutes of research I did a few minutes ago on the 80 10 10 website those things are toxic.

This is The Starch Solution combined with 89/10/10. It's a different thing than raw vegan 80/10/10.

These people think they're eating more than they are and grossly overestimate their calories. I skimmed the book author's website and she just gushes about the volume of food she eats. Most of it is low calorie and there's really very little fat. I'm pretty sure her disciples take their cues from her.

lanimuelrath.com/diet-nutrition/my-mcdougall-diet-failure/

• ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

You are claiming to defy the laws of physics. That would require some proof beyond your repeated assertions of "because I said so".

What laws of physics lady?? Calories in calories out?? Not all caloriea are the same, you should know that

.....annnnnnnnnnd we're back to square one.

How has this not devolved into cat gifs yet?

tumblr_mzoey1b4aj1qdlh1io1_400.gif?w=400&h=358

Poor kitty.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Well if eating 5 bananas plus dates for breakfast is calorie restricting... Then im doing it wrong

And what was the total calories you ate for the day? I bet if you are losing weight eating whatever plus this for breakfast, you are at a calorie deficit.

*GASP*

Well this breakfast alone is about 800 calories... So much rice and potatoes later.. 2500

Wait, you eat rice and potatoes? From the 5 minutes of research I did a few minutes ago on the 80 10 10 website those things are toxic.

This is The Starch Solution combined with 89/10/10. It's a different thing than raw vegan 80/10/10.

These people think they're eating more than they are and grossly overestimate their calories. I skimmed the book author's website and she just gushes about the volume of food she eats. Most of it is low calorie and there's really very little fat. I'm pretty sure her disciples take their cues from her.

Oh I see. Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at the Jonathan Graham site.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

*GASP*

How many dates did you eat?

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Far out. I think I've managed to read 2 other threads. I'm glued to this one, eagerly awaiting progress pictures :smiley: before it gets locked or deleted :noway:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Very simply now: a calorie is a unit of measurement. What you're saying is tantamount to saying that an inch is not an inch. You're a woman. You should know better.

Click on the little paper looking thing above where you type your post, copy and paste the url to the gif there - post.

Also, to get the link to the gif you want, just right click and select "view image".

Hope that helps.

hands on hips nd helpful...double awesome!

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    In for gelato diet.
    My+favorite+doctor+who+episode+_80673570de53253fd1ca7904b23767ee.gif
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Seriously, this thread... And the corresponding one by an eerily similar OP in the maintenance forum...

*mind=blown*

mind_blown_david_tennant.gif

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Reading this and seeing 80-10-10....nobody remembers Ernie the cyclist with his bloodwork. . . .and quoting himself last year?!? Really? No one. . . .

1WiankD.gif

That was hilarious!

Funniest part....and this is sincere...he didn't follow the diet! He was a friggin' riot!

Really? I must have totally missed that. But it matches up with what I see from a lot of people here (clean eaters who eat fast food, anti-sugar people who eat flavored yogurts, etc.)

He wasn't around long....had really low BF, cycling for cal burn, crazy about the 80-10-10. . .for 30 days...he kept responding to posts but forgetting to quote what or who he was responding to.....lived in Texas I think. . . .it was one of the better threads from January last year......think think think.......

I remember the dude, I just don't remember the part about him not following the diet. Those threads were pretty epic I remember.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

*GASP*

I genuinely never would have guessed there were multiple ways to 80/10/10
  • soidade
    soidade Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmmm, OP vs. science, OP vs. science...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Far out. I think I've managed to read 2 other threads. I'm glued to this one, eagerly awaiting progress pictures :smiley: before it gets locked or deleted :noway:

I need to leave like 3 hours ago. Once I get back it will be gone :(
  • deaniac83
    deaniac83 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    ayanasioux wrote: »
    So what is the problem with weight loss? I can tell you that its not how much you eat, but what you eat. Doing this calorie restriction will just keep you on a roller coaster of fluctuating weight that will drive you insane.
    The key IS in fact not being driven insane. Please don't take this the wrong way but it seems to me that everything you were doing was extreme. It's that extremism that made your progress impossible to maintain.

Because the goal isn't to "diet". The goal is to change one's lifestyle. The reason WHAT you eat matters in terms of weight loss is what you eat largely determines how much you eat - or how much calories are in what you eat.

A plant based diet may well help you lose weight. If it does, one reason for that will be that plants have fewer calories in general than meats. Another reason is that if often requires more energy to eat raw plants than to consume cooked meats.
  • PeachyCarol
    Options

Hope that helps.

Thanks!

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

1400829839475.jpg
This discussion has been closed.