The Truth about Calorie Restriction

Options

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I missed this thread.

You're just in time for the second shift!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    avshwartz wrote: »
    Please somebody explain why people ca
    ana3067 wrote: »
    trixieloo wrote: »
    So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

tumblr_m2yrc0Uyze1qf7853o1_250.gif

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer

So because I've had a transformation since starting to eat gelato every night that must be all the proof you would need that 80 10 10 is unnecessary, right?

It's all I needed to subscribe to the Acrylics way of life. I'm not just a promoter, I'm a user! Baked goods and ice cream, nearly two years and holding strong.
  • avshwartz
    avshwartz Posts: 18 Member
    Options

So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer

You are claiming to defy the laws of physics. That would require some proof beyond your repeated assertions of "because I said so".

What laws of physics lady?? Calories in calories out?? Not all caloriea are the same, you should know that
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You are claiming to defy the laws of physics. That would require some proof beyond your repeated assertions of "because I said so".

What laws of physics lady?? Calories in calories out?? Not all caloriea are the same, you should know that

What? One calorie is one calorie.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

.....annnnnnnnnnd we're back to square one.

How has this not devolved into cat gifs yet?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I skimmed until I got to the inevitable: "Now, I'm not telling anyone what to do, but..."
    I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but I will tell you want I'm going to do. I will no longer fall for the propaganda that carbs make you fat.

Okay, I'm with you. Carbs don't make us fat! Yay!
    Calorie restriction has made me fat.

What? no.
    Fat has made me fat.

Really, no.
    For now I'm going to document my journey on a high carb, low fat, plant based diet in hopes of not only losing weight, but to forever get off of the roller coaster of crash dieting and binge eating and starvation and etc.

I honestly wish you luck finding the right journey for yourself. But I'm not with you on this one.
    From what I recall those higher carb diets are more likely to contribute to weight gain anyways, likely due to lowered satiety and thus eating more food. Pretty sure that my old fat-self diet was much higher carb and lower fat/protien than it is now haha.

So you're lower carb. But not low carb. By your standards.
    I eat 200+g of carbs. Compared to when I probably ate 400-500+g of carbs while gaining weight, yeah, I'm lower carb.

So I guess even low carbers are just IIFYM.

Yep. IIFYM works with pretty much any style of eating.

eta: I mean, except the kind where you don't count macros I guess. :laugh:

So it seems. So it's just calorie counting with some protein goal for most folks.

... iifym = meeting your macros = meeting your calorie goals.

With any given macro combination. You just said for you its protein and the rest. If youre getting enough protein.

Yes, because everyone has different fitness goals, personal preference, etc. IIFYM is simply a name for "eat foods you enjoy eating that help you meet your personal goals."

So including low carb. Why all the hate on low carb on here then. If they choose it as a preference and it meets their macros.
    Nvm. I've reached my Ana limit for the day. Enjoy your dinner.

Yes, people can eat low carb if that works for them. I do not eat low carb.

However, most people who decide "I'm going to eat low carb" do it because they think that is what causes weight loss, or that carbs are "evil," and are generally misinformed on what causes weight loss. The change is also usually not something they will pursue as a lifestyle change and only maintain it while dieting.

This is why people oppose low-carbers.
  • ana3067
    edited February 2015
    Options
    @‌ ana3067
    wxq9kg3qqtje.gif

If you bring Sam and Dean I"M IN
    At least I'm 98% sure that is Sam's hair LOL.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »

tumblr_mzoey1b4aj1qdlh1io1_400.gif?w=400&h=358
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have never read so much fail in one post.

Pretty much all of this has no backing in science or research. It's just a personal "I really feel this way" opinion. Tons of people have lost weight and kept it off. You didn't. That doesn't mean it doesn't work. Your theory on plants and animals is "interesting" to say the least.
  • ana3067
    Options

Whatever.. you know you're going back and reading it all

You have time to catch up. Most of the reading is just getting through the rambling first post.
    I read a little just now. Basically an OP with multiple personality syndrome WK1 and WK2. But I see the thread was promised progress pictures. How exciting.

Well I posted some. OP/not OP didn't respond yet.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

All caloriea may not be the same ... but all calories are.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

I'm not. This is the first time I've felt good enough to hit the gym in a week (sinus infection) and this happens? Where is the justice?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

tumblr_mzoey1b4aj1qdlh1io1_400.gif?w=400&h=358

Finally...some sanity!

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

;)

Animated-gif-Pringle-cat-picture-moving-to-a-beat.GIF
  • avshwartz
    avshwartz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

You do understand that by replacing certain foods with ones that are less calorie or/and nutrient dense, you are eating less than you were which is still calorie restricting, right?
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

You do understand that by replacing certain foods with ones that are less calorie or/and nutrient dense, you are eating less than you were which is still calorie restricting, right?

Well if eating 5 bananas plus dates for breakfast is calorie restricting... Then im doing it wrong

And what was the total calories you ate for the day? I bet if you are losing weight eating whatever plus this for breakfast, you are at a calorie deficit.

*GASP*

Well this breakfast alone is about 800 calories... So much rice and potatoes later.. 2500
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options

All caloriea may not be the same ... but all calories are.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »

I'm not. This is the first time I've felt good enough to hit the gym in a week (sinus infection) and this happens? Where is the justice?

I'm so happy I got my workout done this morning. That way I can relax and just lol at all of this
This discussion has been closed.