ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    avshwartz wrote: »
    Please somebody explain why people ca
    ana3067 wrote: »
    trixieloo wrote: »
    So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

tumblr_m2yrc0Uyze1qf7853o1_250.gif

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer

So because I've had a transformation since starting to eat gelato every night that must be all the proof you would need that 80 10 10 is unnecessary, right?

It's all I needed to subscribe to the Acrylics way of life. I'm not just a promoter, I'm a user! Baked goods and ice cream, nearly two years and holding strong.

I should sell books.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

You do understand that by replacing certain foods with ones that are less calorie or/and nutrient dense, you are eating less than you were which is still calorie restricting, right?
    Yay! Somebody who understands what i understand! Diets are stupid. Eat whole foods. Cut out junk like dairy, meat and gluten. Carb the *kitten* up and feel better than ever!
    Ps. You're advocating for this lifestyle in the wrong place. These people dont want to hear that there's another way besides calorie restriction!

You do understand that by replacing certain foods with ones that are less calorie or/and nutrient dense, you are eating less than you were which is still calorie restricting, right?

Well if eating 5 bananas plus dates for breakfast is calorie restricting... Then im doing it wrong

And what was the total calories you ate for the day? I bet if you are losing weight eating whatever plus this for breakfast, you are at a calorie deficit.

*GASP*

Well this breakfast alone is about 800 calories... So much rice and potatoes later.. 2500

Okay?
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I skimmed until I got to the inevitable: "Now, I'm not telling anyone what to do, but..."
    I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but I will tell you want I'm going to do. I will no longer fall for the propaganda that carbs make you fat.

Okay, I'm with you. Carbs don't make us fat! Yay!
    Calorie restriction has made me fat.

What? no.
    Fat has made me fat.

Really, no.
    For now I'm going to document my journey on a high carb, low fat, plant based diet in hopes of not only losing weight, but to forever get off of the roller coaster of crash dieting and binge eating and starvation and etc.

I honestly wish you luck finding the right journey for yourself. But I'm not with you on this one.
    From what I recall those higher carb diets are more likely to contribute to weight gain anyways, likely due to lowered satiety and thus eating more food. Pretty sure that my old fat-self diet was much higher carb and lower fat/protien than it is now haha.

So you're lower carb. But not low carb. By your standards.
    I eat 200+g of carbs. Compared to when I probably ate 400-500+g of carbs while gaining weight, yeah, I'm lower carb.

So I guess even low carbers are just IIFYM.

Yep. IIFYM works with pretty much any style of eating.

eta: I mean, except the kind where you don't count macros I guess. :laugh:

So it seems. So it's just calorie counting with some protein goal for most folks.

... iifym = meeting your macros = meeting your calorie goals.

With any given macro combination. You just said for you its protein and the rest. If youre getting enough protein.

Yes, because everyone has different fitness goals, personal preference, etc. IIFYM is simply a name for "eat foods you enjoy eating that help you meet your personal goals."

So including low carb. Why all the hate on low carb on here then. If they choose it as a preference and it meets their macros.
    Nvm. I've reached my Ana limit for the day. Enjoy your dinner.

Yes, people can eat low carb if that works for them. I do not eat low carb.

However, most people who decide "I'm going to eat low carb" do it because they think that is what causes weight loss, or that carbs are "evil," and are generally misinformed on what causes weight loss. The change is also usually not something they will pursue as a lifestyle change and only maintain it while dieting.

This is why people oppose low-carbers.
    All that + demonizing Insulin, a so-call 'metabolic advantage', saying glucose causes cancer(no matter how hard you try, your body will make glucose),
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer

You are claiming to defy the laws of physics. That would require some proof beyond your repeated assertions of "because I said so".

What laws of physics lady?? Calories in calories out?? Not all caloriea are the same, you should know that

Really, explain, please.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Well if eating 5 bananas plus dates for breakfast is calorie restricting... Then im doing it wrong

And what was the total calories you ate for the day? I bet if you are losing weight eating whatever plus this for breakfast, you are at a calorie deficit.

*GASP*

Well this breakfast alone is about 800 calories... So much rice and potatoes later.. 2500

Oh, cool! Did you weigh and log all the food you did and will eat to come up with this estimation?

No? Then you are pulling out numbers from thin air.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

*GASP*

Wait, you eat rice and potatoes? From the 5 minutes of research I did a few minutes ago on the 80 10 10 website those things are toxic.
  • ana3067
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Is this happening????? Pictures??

@avshwartz you've been requested twice now for progress pictures.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day weight loss is calories in vs calories out. Various diets (including low carb or vegetarian) may restrict a lot of different foods and thus lead to weight loss due to the unintentional calorie restriction.

I think you just need to find an approach that works for you as a person. Not everyone likes to calorie count but it works for some. You can go vego/vegan and still be overweight if you are eating excess cals. Same with any diet.

I will say however that everyone is different in terms of their particular calorie requirements and 2000 calories a day is not starving for many. Nor is 1400/1300 etc.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

*GASP*

Wait, you eat rice and potatoes? From the 5 minutes of research I did a few minutes ago on the 80 10 10 website those things are toxic.

Oh-noes-everybody-panic.gif
  • ana3067
    Options

*GASP*

That must be how she loses weight eating above her maintenance needs - the toxins are burning her insides and she's pooping away all of her organs and fat!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    ceoverturf wrote: »

You are claiming to defy the laws of physics. That would require some proof beyond your repeated assertions of "because I said so".

What laws of physics lady?? Calories in calories out?? Not all caloriea are the same, you should know that

.....annnnnnnnnnd we're back to square one.

How has this not devolved into cat gifs yet?

;)

Animated-gif-Pringle-cat-picture-moving-to-a-beat.GIF

fgi4u29xwt39.gif
  • ana3067
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »
    Honestly, I skimmed until I got to the inevitable: "Now, I'm not telling anyone what to do, but..."
    I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but I will tell you want I'm going to do. I will no longer fall for the propaganda that carbs make you fat.

Okay, I'm with you. Carbs don't make us fat! Yay!
    Calorie restriction has made me fat.

What? no.
    Fat has made me fat.

Really, no.
    For now I'm going to document my journey on a high carb, low fat, plant based diet in hopes of not only losing weight, but to forever get off of the roller coaster of crash dieting and binge eating and starvation and etc.

I honestly wish you luck finding the right journey for yourself. But I'm not with you on this one.
    From what I recall those higher carb diets are more likely to contribute to weight gain anyways, likely due to lowered satiety and thus eating more food. Pretty sure that my old fat-self diet was much higher carb and lower fat/protien than it is now haha.

So you're lower carb. But not low carb. By your standards.
    I eat 200+g of carbs. Compared to when I probably ate 400-500+g of carbs while gaining weight, yeah, I'm lower carb.

So I guess even low carbers are just IIFYM.

Yep. IIFYM works with pretty much any style of eating.

eta: I mean, except the kind where you don't count macros I guess. :laugh:

So it seems. So it's just calorie counting with some protein goal for most folks.

... iifym = meeting your macros = meeting your calorie goals.

With any given macro combination. You just said for you its protein and the rest. If youre getting enough protein.

Yes, because everyone has different fitness goals, personal preference, etc. IIFYM is simply a name for "eat foods you enjoy eating that help you meet your personal goals."

So including low carb. Why all the hate on low carb on here then. If they choose it as a preference and it meets their macros.
    Nvm. I've reached my Ana limit for the day. Enjoy your dinner.

Yes, people can eat low carb if that works for them. I do not eat low carb.

However, most people who decide "I'm going to eat low carb" do it because they think that is what causes weight loss, or that carbs are "evil," and are generally misinformed on what causes weight loss. The change is also usually not something they will pursue as a lifestyle change and only maintain it while dieting.

This is why people oppose low-carbers.
    All that + demonizing Insulin, a so-call 'metabolic advantage', saying glucose causes cancer(no matter how hard you try, your body will make glucose),

Yup. I have no problem with people eating a lifestyle different from mine if it's just what they naturally like. Such as people who fast, or people who eat way lower protein than I do. But to say "because I'm fasting/aeting low x i'm losing weight, CICO doesn't matter!" is what gets the arguments.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    fail fail fail. . . ignore this post. . .move along...under maintenance. . . . .
  • ana3067
    Options
    At the end of the day weight loss is calories in vs calories out. Various diets (including low carb or vegetarian) may restrict a lot of different foods and thus lead to weight loss due to the unintentional calorie restriction.

I think you just need to find an approach that works for you as a person. Not everyone likes to calorie count but it works for some. You can go vego/vegan and still be overweight if you are eating excess cals. Same with any diet.

I will say however that everyone is different in terms of their particular calorie requirements and 2000 calories a day is not starving for many. Nor is 1400/1300 etc.
    Yup. I used to think I ate a lot while "eating clean." Here is what I ate:

w224399182.jpg
    plate the size of like, my hand.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lmwyvr4Z3X1qi63mr.gif
  • Likichina
    Likichina Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 calories a day, 5 meals a day and I actually have trouble reaching all of the calories I need to reach sometimes, specially if I exercise (which means I have to eat more).
    Starvation? Come on, girl.. Your struggle isn't your diet (or lack of), it is psychological.. you are MAKING yourself believe you were starving, stop lying to yourself.

I wish you the best and hope you can find something that works for you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    Options

w224399182.jpg

It looks yummy though.
  • ana3067
    edited February 2015
    Options

w224399182.jpg

It looks yummy though.

It probably was. But it was also the saddest tiny dish ever and I thought I lost weight because it was healthy and good for me lol.

Going by estimates of the size, easily under 300 calories.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Reading this and seeing 80-10-10....nobody remembers Ernie the cyclist with his bloodwork. . . .and quoting himself last year?!? Really? No one. . . .
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    kitten-club.gif
This discussion has been closed.