Options

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Honestly, I skimmed until I got to the inevitable: "Now, I'm not telling anyone what to do, but..."
    I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but I will tell you want I'm going to do. I will no longer fall for the propaganda that carbs make you fat.

Okay, I'm with you. Carbs don't make us fat! Yay!
    Calorie restriction has made me fat.

What? no.
    Fat has made me fat.

Really, no.
    For now I'm going to document my journey on a high carb, low fat, plant based diet in hopes of not only losing weight, but to forever get off of the roller coaster of crash dieting and binge eating and starvation and etc.

I honestly wish you luck finding the right journey for yourself. But I'm not with you on this one.
    From what I recall those higher carb diets are more likely to contribute to weight gain anyways, likely due to lowered satiety and thus eating more food. Pretty sure that my old fat-self diet was much higher carb and lower fat/protien than it is now haha.

So you're lower carb. But not low carb. By your standards.
    I eat 200+g of carbs. Compared to when I probably ate 400-500+g of carbs while gaining weight, yeah, I'm lower carb.

So I guess even low carbers are just IIFYM.

Yep. IIFYM works with pretty much any style of eating.

eta: I mean, except the kind where you don't count macros I guess. :laugh:

So it seems. So it's just calorie counting with some protein goal for most folks.

... iifym = meeting your macros = meeting your calorie goals.

With any given macro combination. You just said for you its protein and the rest. If youre getting enough protein.

Yes, because everyone has different fitness goals, personal preference, etc. IIFYM is simply a name for "eat foods you enjoy eating that help you meet your personal goals."
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    rebeccaxf wrote: »
    No one is hating on the girl that posted this topic.

After reading the poster who called the OP a "full-on retard", I beg to differ.

First, you misquoted the person. Second, you obviously didn't see the movie they referenced to understand the quote. Third, you can beg to differ all you want but you'll still be wrong.

Quite right about the misquote.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I actually just had this conversation with a friend of mine... I find it funny how people who dont have much drive or self disipline will use whatever they can to justify not putting in the work, staying the course and settling for only moderate success.... this includes CICO and other irrational concepts and studies...
    Look folks... its not just calories.. its also about the content of what you eat... You're comparison is the same as comparing AM PM Gas to Aviation Jet Fuel.. true they are both gas and have the ability to run your car.. but Aviation Fuel is far stronger and provides much more energy...
    So you can eat your pizza and feel lethargic and like crap after you do.. and I'll eat my veggies , brown rice and chicken... and have energy to run 5 miles...

I eat pizza to finish marathons, Bro. The Full Monte 26.2

• avshwartz
    avshwartz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Please somebody explain why people ca
    avshwartz wrote: »
    trixieloo wrote: »
    So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

tumblr_m2yrc0Uyze1qf7853o1_250.gif

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So how come when I ate a vegan diet for about 8 months, I never lost a single pound? Obviously it's not because I was eating too much of it. What did I do wrong?

Did you eat any processed vegan food? If youre cooking and not substituting animal products with things like soy, you shoulsnt have a problem

Lol just because you dont agree with me doesnt make me wrong. I dont understand why youre so keen on arguing with me as if its a world crisis. All the proof you need is in my transformation since starting thia lifestyle and the many others.
    Although i do keep coming back for more... So there must be something intriguing about arguing behind tje safety of your computer

What proof is that? Will you be posting pictures then?
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    What...what did I just read?
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

You are claiming to defy the laws of physics. That would require some proof beyond your repeated assertions of "because I said so".

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Honestly, I skimmed until I got to the inevitable: "Now, I'm not telling anyone what to do, but..."
    I don't want to tell anyone what to do, but I will tell you want I'm going to do. I will no longer fall for the propaganda that carbs make you fat.

What? no.
    Fat has made me fat.

Really, no.
    For now I'm going to document my journey on a high carb, low fat, plant based diet in hopes of not only losing weight, but to forever get off of the roller coaster of crash dieting and binge eating and starvation and etc.

I honestly wish you luck finding the right journey for yourself. But I'm not with you on this one.
    From what I recall those higher carb diets are more likely to contribute to weight gain anyways, likely due to lowered satiety and thus eating more food. Pretty sure that my old fat-self diet was much higher carb and lower fat/protien than it is now haha.

I eat 200+g of carbs. Compared to when I probably ate 400-500+g of carbs while gaining weight, yeah, I'm lower carb.

So it seems. So it's just calorie counting with some protein goal for most folks.

With any given macro combination. You just said for you its protein and the rest. If youre getting enough protein.

Yes, because everyone has different fitness goals, personal preference, etc. IIFYM is simply a name for "eat foods you enjoy eating that help you meet your personal goals."

So including low carb. Why all the hate on low carb on here then. If they choose it as a preference and it meets their macros.
    Nvm. I've reached my Ana limit for the day. Enjoy your dinner.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Photos please or it didn't happen.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

Your profile shows 0 pounds lost 25 to go.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

What? no.
    Fat has made me fat.

Really, no.

So including low carb. Why all the hate on low carb on here then. If they choose it as a preference and it meets their macros.

I think ... seriously... the only hate for low carb comes when it's accompanied by the idea that it bypasses CICO. A lot of people think low carbing/CICO is an either/or situation rather than a hand in hand deal.

The other time I see low carbing getting flak is when it comes along with "I'll keep feeling energized while the rest of you keep shoving donuts in your face" assumptions and/or low-carb is the one true way.

I don't see too much push back against low-carbers who just low carb out of personal preference.

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

So because I've had a transformation since starting to eat gelato every night that must be all the proof you would need that 80 10 10 is unnecessary, right?

eta:

8cdf4608-0388-4cca-af70-726319b71a89_zpscf6393e1.jpg

1d90c02d-7605-4c19-a9e2-60b7751a6ffe_zps136dec44.jpg

e34ba407-6e5a-47d6-903c-59c82d5f512b_zps3cf7062a.png

Gelato diet = win.
  • ana3067
    edited February 2015
    Options

This is what I looked like when I "ate clean" and didn't track calories. I lost weight eating this way, and gained eating this way. Although you are going to tell me that somehow my consumption of dairy and meat made me gain the weight, not a caloric surplus.

w224256913.jpg

This is how I looked 2 months into my journey on MFP, around 175ish (looking similar to how I looked above)
    CAM00080_zps0texvo1q.jpg

This is what I look like now by tracking calories, eating below my maintenance needs, and lifting weights while eating woo-woo bad foods. I'm about 15lbs out from goal.

IMG_20150214_091232_zpsrrcir3i8.jpg

Care to share yours along with opening up your diary?

ETA I'm 158lbs today. The newest pic was taken like 2-3 days ago.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

It isn't that people disagree with you that makes you wrong ... it's your being wrong that makes you wrong. You are not exempt from physics.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options

BRB-using-imagination-since-no-pics.jpg

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options

What? no.
    Fat has made me fat.

Really, no.

I think ... seriously... the only hate for low carb comes when it's accompanied by the idea that it bypasses CICO. A lot of people think low carbing/CICO is an either/or situation rather than a hand in hand deal.

The other time I see low carbing getting flak is when it comes along with "I'll keep feeling energized while the rest of you keep shoving donuts in your face" assumptions and/or low-carb is the one true way.

I don't see too much push back against low-carbers who just low carb out of personal preference.

^^ Yup

I got no problem with low carb if you like it and it works for you.

But I do have problems with the bro-science/anti-science carp that SOME of them peddle.
  • ana3067
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »

BRB-using-imagination-since-no-pics.jpg
    747958.gif
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I missed this thread.

Whatever.. you know you're going back and reading it all
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I missed this thread.

You have time to catch up. Most of the reading is just getting through the rambling first post.
This discussion has been closed.