2»

Replies

• binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    ladies: i'm offering free classes in my mtv cribs styled home

Ha ha!

Please post pics of your "MTV Cribs styled home" for reference. :tongue:
    Your PSA for the day. Do not...I repeat, do not do an image search for redneck pole dancing. Not safe for work and really not safe for life.
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I haven't, but I'd SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love to! No classes like that are offered in my area.. maybe I should invest in my own pole ? LOL
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options

Ha ha!

you have to see it in person pics dont do it justice, just know there is a pole in the living room and master bedroom :wink:
  • nikkinikki113
    nikkinikki113 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Ha ha!

you have to see it in person pics dont do it justice, just know there is a pole in the living room and master bedroom :wink:

Sounds totally legit - count me in.
  • nikkinikki113
    Options
    I can see it on the news:

"Economy improving - Sudden Influx of Stripper Poles bought at local sex shops..." Details to follow...
  • Leslie2273
    Leslie2273 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good reward for when I loose a little bit more, but I'm not sure any of the gyms near me offer anything like this. Has anyone tried the Flirty Girl or S Factor DVDs?
  • nikkinikki113
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Flirty Girl or S Factor DVDs?

What are those?
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    smiley-signs097.gifsmiley-signs153.gif

smiley-signs133.gif
  • aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    LOL!
  • nikkinikki113
    Options
    Nice touch with the smileys...
  • Leslie2273
    Options
    smiley-signs097.gifsmiley-signs153.gif

smiley-signs133.gif

I LOVE THESE!!! Thanks. I'm not that tech smart.
  • Leslie2273
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Flirty Girl or S Factor DVDs?

What are those?

S Factor: http://www.sfactor.com/. As far as I known this is the 'original' stripping DVDs and the owner of S Factor, Sheila Kelley, has been everywhere on TV including Oprah. Sheila Kelley was actress so she has a big celebrity following.

Flirty Girl Fitness: http://www.flirtygirlfit.com/. I've seen the infomercial on TV, they also sell stripping DVDs and their own pole. They are basically a cheaper version of S Factor. It turns out that one of the owners of this company stars on the Basketball Wives of Miami...lol.
  • atrayubrandy
    atrayubrandy Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, there are no pole dancing classes in my area but my sister (who lives about 2 hours away) teaches pole dancing for beginners. I actually own a pole and taught myself some great moves with the help of my sister and studioveena.com. But I had to give it up after a few months because my eczema made it very hard for me to grip. Plus, I need way more upper body strength. I'm thinking about taking it up again when I'm closer to my goal weight. I'll buy golfing gloves for better grip.

I've tried flirty girl fitness and didn't care for it. It's incredibly boring. Basically the instructors are like "walk up-2-3-4, back 2-3-4. Now walk up but be sexy 2-3-4, back 2-3-4." Yes, it's that lame. VERY beginner stuff. Luckily, I didn't pay for it.
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    I took pole dancing classes for about a year. It's an okay cardio workout if you don't take too many breaks, and a really good strength workout. Once you get past the beginner classes it requires a ~lot~ of core and arm strength. I was able to do chin-ups no problem after 3 months of inverted poses! For those of you thinking about getting your own pole and trying out moves without the benefit of classes, please be careful! Do not attempt an inversion without a spotter, you can do serious injury to yourself.

PSA aside, I loved pole dance, and it's only because I don't have room at home to set up my pole that I stopped taking classes! I have some rockin 6 inch heels and a ton of booty shorts left over, I hope I can get back into it one day. :)
  • orange_avocado
    Options
    That sounds like a good reward for when I loose a little bit more, but I'm not sure any of the gyms near me offer anything like this. Has anyone tried the Flirty Girl or S Factor DVDs?

Search for specific pole dance studios in your area. Most times, gyms don't offer classes, but you can take 1 class a week at a studio; at least that's what I did. If any one here is in Northern Virginia, I highly recommend Diva Fit - they're the best! :happy:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

Ha ha!

Your PSA for the day. Do not...I repeat, do not do an image search for redneck pole dancing. Not safe for work and really not safe for life.

quick, don't think of pink elephants!!! LOL Binary you are a terrible person for making me go look at that!
  • StaceyDono
    StaceyDono Posts: 21
    Options
    Always wanted to try it, maybe when I can lift myself up better.
  • rlyoungers
    rlyoungers Posts: 14
    Options
    I've been doing this for about 2 months now and I love it so much! It is hands down the funnest exercise I've ever done. Never have to psych myself up to go like I did with the gym or going for a run, if I have class that night I look forward to it all day. :) Nothing makes me feel more beautiful, sexy, and feminine than pole class.

It is really great for upper body strength, even just doing basic spins had my arms feeling sore, and now that I'm learning to climb I am feeling it even more. I can't wait to be doing inversions one day!

If you have a studio in the area, definitely try it!!
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    I tried it.

I didn't like the part where the bouncers took turns hitting me before they threw me out.