looking for more petite friends for encouragement

Options
i am nearly 5'1", and have just under 20 pounds to lose.

i am eating a 1200-1500 calorie per day diet and just got a fitbit to keep track of my activity. i weigh all my food at home, and hugely overestimate calories whenever i eat out. i don't get much outside exercise, but i do work in a restaurant where i am on my feet 8-12 hours a day. still, i am only losing about .5 pounds a week. don't get me wrong, that is GREAT! any weight loss is welcomed, but i have to admit...it gets a bit discouraging at times.

so basically, i am just looking for friends in a similar situation for motivation and support. but anyone can add me!

Replies

• fitfabforties
    fitfabforties Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3"....almost 45 years old....I've set my goal to 120lb....another 11lb to go....I've been gaining and losing the same 5-7lb for almost a year now....I can understand how things get discouraging....feel free to add me....I'm here every day....
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Slow weight loss is great! The slower we lose, the more likely it is that we are hanging onto muscle and actually losing fat (which is the idea). :)
  • Petitequeen1
    Petitequeen1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also petite. I'm just under 5 ft but I round up. I have just joined this site and my starting weight is 126. To some people, it doesn't sound like a lot, but as a petite person, every pound shows and it's mostly moving to my stomach area. I'm 45 years old. This is the first time I'm trying to diet and eat right. I usually do not deny myself foods (I used to eat at Arby's, BK, McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc. with no guilt) but that is changing now. At my age, I'm slowing down and since I got married have gained about 10 pounds. I want to be back to where I was before marriage (about 115) so I can fit into my clothes again. I work a desk job, so I think you're starting out good if you are on your feet moving around all day. I have to schedule work outs--fortunately there is a gym in my bldg. I'm trying to stick to only 1200 calories a day tops, until I start exercising more.

I think this site is good for determining calories. I just search the food I'm planning to eat and it's listed. I like it simple!

I wish you all the best in meeting your goal! Thank you for posting for us petites! You may add me if you want to! I am hoping to be at my goal by this summer.
  • blanketofstars
    blanketofstars Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Slow weight loss is great! The slower we lose, the more likely it is that we are hanging onto muscle and actually losing fat (which is the idea). :)

never said i didn't like slow weight loss! i am down with ANY weight loss, haha

but sometimes it is hard to hang onto my goals when my 6'3" guy friend can eat 2500 calories a day and not gain a pound, while i monitor every half gram of carrot shred that touches my lips and i only lose a quarter of a pound in a week.

haha, i am only being a little dramatic... :)
  • scannerjockey
    scannerjockey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! When you're petite, every pound shows. I'm under 5'1" and about 131 pounds, I started on here so I can get down to 120-125. My weight has really crept up in the last five years and I want to nip things in the bud before it becomes a full-blown problem.
  • blanketofstars
    blanketofstars Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! When you're petite, every pound shows. I'm under 5'1" and about 131 pounds, I started on here so I can get down to 120-125. My weight has really crept up in the last five years and I want to nip things in the bud before it becomes a full-blown problem.

I AM ALSO 131 POUNDS. we are weight height twins!
  • scannerjockey
    scannerjockey Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Oh, that is just too awesome!