Lots to lose (>100 lbs)

Options
I've been using MFP for about 2 weeks and been lurking here for a couple of days.

I have lost 5lb, but I have over 100lb to lose, and am looking for friends who can give me a 'virtual kick' which, going by the many failed weight-loss attempts, I am sure I will need!

Replies

• achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    i wil add you to my friends...im good at kicking butt..hehe
  • MidniteDayDream
    MidniteDayDream Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I've already lost some of my weight, but I have a total of 100lbs I want to lose. It can and is a daunting task to lose that much weight. But if you take it day by day, eat right, and do some kind of exercise (even if it's just taking a 20 minute walk) it WILL come off!!
  • kristarablue
    kristarablue Posts: 707
    Options
    You're in the right place!!! MFP is wonderful and supportive. Five pounds...WOW, you are doing great!! The rest will come off before you know it

A little piece of advice, make small attainable goals, don't look at the 100 pounds, look at 20 or 25, then 50...ect...ect.. Baby steps. Remember if you never quite trying, you will never fail..the only choice you have will be to succeed. So never stop trying…you have a bad day….that’s ok, we all do, get back on the train, it is going slow enough for you to jump on, have no fear. You so have this!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    i wil add you to my friends...im good at kicking butt..hehe
    i need butt kicks as well! lol
  • vdub88
    vdub88 Posts: 79
    Options
    please both of you add me i can kick butt but need butt kicking at times as well
  • Lissaannco
    Lissaannco Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I started out with 122 pounds to lose...still have 92 left! I joined on March 23 and have found this site to be a huge help with keeping me motivated and on track! Good luck, you CAN do it!
  • KLo924
    KLo924 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'll add you as well :) I want to lose a total of about 104lbs, so I'm with ya (7 of that down :)). We can do it!!!
    - Kristin
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm also looking to loser over 100 pounds. 126 pounds to be exact. Feel free to friend me if you're looking for not only butt kicking, but people in the same situation :)
  • nymamiyankee
    Options
    add me as friend if you like..i've lost 11 pounds in a month, 15 pounds total (before i started MFP) and i have at least 100 to lose...i'll kick your butt if you kick mine...just not too hard ; )
  • mecasgirl
    mecasgirl Posts: 64
    Options
    I need you to kick my butt as well. I work out 6 days a week but the eating is my problem. I can't seem to get over this plateau. Ugggh
  • Hexykitten
    Hexykitten Posts: 3
    Options
    Good for you! I am new too, it's a great place to start:flowerforyou:
  • BlessedHeart
    BlessedHeart Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Congrats on such a great start on your weightloss journey! 5 pounds down is awesome!:bigsmile:
    First of all, speaking from my own experience, it is best to not look at the past and dwell on past attempts at losing weight. This is a new beginning and I am sure you will do a great job at achieving your goal(s). Wishing you the best and sending a friend invite to you as well.
  • carolinenp
    carolinenp Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have LOTS to lose as well and this site has been awesome. All the supportive people on here. I need a butt kicker too! More friends are welcomed! Add me! :happy:
  • Bourds
    Bourds Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    :happy: I have lots to lose also (my own fault) but I am now on the right track. Looking for motivational friends who are in the same boat as me. Have found this site to be extremely helpful and reading nutritional labels to be very informative. I didn't realize how bad I was eating but definitely know now how I got this way!!