Time for a life change

Options
I came here to get motivated and serious about my weight. I am a single mother of 2 great daughters and recently an empty-nester. After years of taking care of everyone else, I am now accepting responsibility and realization that its time to change my focus and work on myself and health...or lack there of. I am heavier than I have ever been in my life and feeling very down on myself for letting my weight spiral out of control. I don't have any serious health problems because of my weight, but I just feel bad, mentally and physically. I have become quite reclusive when I'm not working and have used food in the past as an emotional crutch rather than a necessity to live health. Its time for a change and would welcome any encouragement, motivation or just to know that I'm not alone in my struggle. It took alot for me to get here, on this sight, but I know I have to change my ways or pay for it later. The clock is ticking and I've been lucky up until now. Glad to be here :smile:

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I hear what you're saying... <3 Wanted to say glad you're here and welcome to the forums :)

Hon, I promise, you CAN do this, you really truly can, but it's YOU that has to make that decision this moment and go from there!

(*) I believe in you! (*)
  • Pragmatic14
    Pragmatic14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    "...we need to be sure to weave strong safety nets for ourselves. When demands on US exceed our energy, we need to know how to support ourselves in finding the rejuvenation necessary to continue to thrive." The Woman's Book of Confidence, Patton, Sue
    I'd like to congratulate you on the steps you've already made. I encourage you not to be too tough on yourself, allow oops but give yourself healthy consequences..ie indulging in a brownie, maybe pay the piper 20 jumping Jack's. It's a win win!,
  • bdcnurse
    Options
    Thanks ladies. Today was a good first day. There is always bad stuff at work that I could get into trouble with, but I was able to talk myself out of those today and I was really proud of my decisions. I need this site to help me stay motivated and accountable. My struggle is majority mental. I'm going to fight my demons and make some major changes I can live with for life :smile: :)