How do you eat 1200 calories?!!

Options
hi my name is Steph and I had my son 3months ago. I haven't been able to eat much since I've had him and I was wondering how yall are able to reach that goal??? Help

Replies

• marialy21
    marialy21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem. I could easily eat 2000 call in a day. Haha. Meh makes me exercise all the excess off :P
  • RebelDiamond
    RebelDiamond Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Is your goal to lose weight or gain weight?
    If you're struggling to meet 1,200 cals (and you weigh and track everything correctly) try eating more calorie dense food.
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    If you feel like you should be eating more calories, but don't feel like you can eat more food, try eating things that are more calorically dense. Things like nuts and avocado are a good way of getting more calories in, without necessarily eating that much more food.
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Haha, I managed 10k on one particularly fun cheat day (granted that included booze, these were in my more . . . festive days). I'm 6'4" and at the time weighed about 300 pounds though, so I had an edge. It's crazy, I guess we all have our own difficulties
  • smsosa350
    Options
    1200 is so low. I barely function if I'm around 2000 haha
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, healthy oils, avocados are good options to help you get calories if you do not have an allergy.
  • LetrellC
    LetrellC Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey Steph. Looks like we are in the same boat. I had gastric bypass surgery 6 years ago and lost too much weight. My pouch never stretched so I'm still dealing with about a 4 oz capacity. The past couple of months I've been in and out of the hospital trying to figure out what's up...and finally, the 3 teams of docs, coupled with my nutritionist, all working together figured it out.

They had me on 2,000 calories...barely able to get down 600. It was difficult to eat, but I forced it. But there are so many factors.... do you get sick right after eating? Are you dumping? How much do you eat in one sitting and what sorts of foods?

I had to lower my sugar consumption to 20g or less and up the fats. And you probably don't want to hear this...but I have to graze. Which is difficult when you don't want to eat. It is all-consuming. Every hour, put something in your mouth and record it. You may be getting more calories than you realize.

I still average about 600 calories, but I eat all day, and I am eating the right foods. You just need to make sure you take advantage of the nutrition option on here and make certain your goals are set appropriately for you. Baby steps.

In 2 months, I've gained almost 20 lbs. I feel GREAT! And like I said, I am around 600/day. Eat, eat, eat.

Hope this helps.