3500 calories....

Options
Need food ideas to help reach this 3500 calorie goal. Bare in mind I'm a college student, so a T-bone steak won't be my go to. If you can help me please add me. :)

Replies

• matthewlatch
    matthewlatch Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey my friend used this bulking powder. I'm sure there were like 500 calories per scoop! But he didn't train much and got really fat! But it's cheaper than buying steak and easy to consume with water or milk.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Need food ideas to help reach this 3500 calorie goal. Bare in mind I'm a college student, so a T-bone steak won't be my go to. If you can help me please add me. :)

full fat milk/dairy
    peanut butter
    nuts and seeds
    choose pork and beef over chicken
    salmon & tuna over white fish
    avocado/houmous/olive oil
    doughnuts
    bagels
    ice cream
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm with the peanut butter!
    -Salmon
    -Nuts
    -Milkshakes
    -Full-fat yoghurt
    -Honey
    -Olive oil

Roasted veg instead of steamed can add 150cal depending on the amount of oil.
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    Thank you for all your replies, I'm currently taking "up your mass" and with milk you get 800cal but I know I can't drink that all day, my stomach gets warped by to much dairy and I don't wanna be sitting in class with protein farts lol.
    Check this, I thought about doing a pasta diet for my gain, in a box of Barilla penne noodles you can get 1600 calories, add marinara an extra 400 that's 2000cal off just pasta for about 3$. But my question is would it be harmful to eat pasta everyday? Like would I develop a yeast infection possibly, no clue.
    Oh and I am solemnly trying to gain weight at the moment, not doing any lifting whatsoever.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    loads of pasta is fine, though you do need to balance your macros for the day.

why are you not doing any lifting? you just want to gain fat?
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    Not sure I fully understand macros.
    For me working out isn't the problem, it's my diet. I've been told I have a hyper active thyroid or in other terms a fast metabolism. To answer you're question I want to gain fat and some weight to turn into muscle.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Not sure I fully understand macros.
    For me working out isn't the problem, it's my diet. I've been told I have a hyper active thyroid or in other terms a fast metabolism. To answer you're question I want to gain fat and some weight to turn into muscle.

weight doesnt 'turn' into muscle though, if you eat in a surplus and do no exercise you'll just get fat.
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    I don't wanna sound like one of those people that complain about there genetics but I can't see myself being fat, I look and my dad and grandpa and we are some small people haha. This is me at 130 5'7q244bs7iaxoo.jpg
    vfj2ogzcey6l.jpg
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    ln2hpk8totpj.jpg
    This is my goal, in fights he weighs around 145, but he cuts down from about 160
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    how are the pictures relevant?
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    I guess they weren't. But I wanted to show how my body kinda just is, my weight is in my upper body really and my legs are chicken legs, like my gf has bigger legs than me at 98lb! Fixing to cook my pasta and get started on my 3500cal goal

• TavistockToad
    Options
    I guess they weren't. But I wanted to show how my body kinda just is, my weight is in my upper body really and my legs are chicken legs, like my gf has bigger legs than me at 98lb! Fixing to cook my pasta and get started on my 3500cal goal

so what are you actually trying to achieve by eating 3500 cals a day?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    so you will ultimately base your diet on pasta / carbs all day?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Like would I develop a yeast infection possibly, no clue. whatsoever.

Unless you're a vagina you'll probably be OK on the yeast infection front.

• chrisinthebox16
    Options
    When I set up my account that's the amount that was recommended, it "said" that if I eat 3500cal I would gain a lb a day putting me at 145 by March 5th
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    When I set up my account that's the amount that was recommended, it "said" that if I eat 3500cal I would gain a lb a day putting me at 145 by March 5th

but you're not working out, so you will just gain fat.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options

Yeah.... no, just no!

• chrisinthebox16
    Options
    Haha okay good I wasn't sure if men could get them. No not necessarily but I do plan on using pasta to yes carb load, and to get a descent amount on calories since pasta can last you the whole day an is great for on the go food.
    And Tavis that's what my objective is, is too gain my desired weight first. Then I will begin weight training etc.
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    Do y'all think I should EAT and work out as I go? I feel that I would just burn to many calories
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Haha okay good I wasn't sure if men could get them. No not necessarily but I do plan on using pasta to yes carb load, and to get a descent amount on calories since pasta can last you the whole day an is great for on the go food.
    And Tavis that's what my objective is, is too gain my desired weight first. Then I will begin weight training etc.

so you're going to gain 15lbs of fat, and then start weight training? why?