Vitamins and Supplements

Options
What vitamins and supplements is everyone taking to go along with your low calorie diet and weight loss?

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    In reality unless you are medically deficient as long as you eat a balanced diet with sufficient calories you should not need any supplements. The only exception to this is if you are a Vegan you may need B12
  • LyssaJ1
    LyssaJ1 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    _Zardoz_ wrote: »
    In reality unless you are medically deficient as long as you eat a balanced diet with sufficient calories you should not need any supplements. The only exception to this is if you are a Vegan you may need B12

^^ This.

However, because of medical issues, my doctors have encouraged: B-complex, D, and Calcium. My healthful friends suggested Metamucil to help with cholesterol. I find that all of them are helpful. But, as the saying goes, "your mileage may vary."

I would encourage talking with a nutritionist, just to cover anything a lay-person may miss. Good luck! :)

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I only take amultivitamin, it wasn't doctor recommended but my doctor did approve of it.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I only take a multivitamin and a protein powder if I am having a hard time hitting my macro.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Low dose of Calcium because my doctor said I got the rest from my milk and cheese, D3 because I was deficient, Biotin for breaking nails and sensitive lips (per dermatologist).
  • frksfrau
    frksfrau Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I take a multivitamin. And due to age and lactose intolerance, I take calcium. Due to other issues, my doc recommended I take a slow release iron pill.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I take 2 CLA with each meal (up to 3x daily), 2 fish oil with breakfast, 2 glucosamine and Chondritin with breakfast (but I play roller derby and it's a vitamin for joint health), a multivitamin and 2 probiotics with lunch (I'm on an antibiotic for skin clearing so I take a higher strength probiotic than normal), and branched chain amino acids before a work out and whey protein after a workout. :)
  • sweetaj
    sweetaj Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I take a daily multivitamin, 4000 of vitmin D (tested deficient), b12 (tested deficient), and I also take something called thryoaide, which is a supplement for hypothyroid. I've only been on this regimen about a month, and will redo bloodwork in another 3 weeks to see what changed. I definitely notice a difference in my hair and nails.