3500 calories....

Options

Replies

• chrisinthebox16
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    When I set up my account that's the amount that was recommended, it "said" that if I eat 3500cal I would gain a lb a day putting me at 145 by March 5th

Yeah.... no, just no!
    How so? I kinda figured that was a bit extreme myself lol

• fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    how are the pictures relevant?

How are they not?
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    trust me at 3500 calories a day you want to burn some calories - unless you are a big fella - which in your case, you are not... (yet?)!
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    Because I want to look like "Arnold"!

No but eh just been a skinny cat my whole life, wanna see how far I can take my body.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

No but eh just been a skinny cat my whole life, wanna see how far I can take my body.

is 'arnold' squishy??

if you dont lift you wont gain muscle....
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    So 3500 too much? What do recommend maybe between 2500-2700? I hear you multiply your weight x . 20 that correct?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I reallty think you need to do some reading before you start actually doing anything. You're not really starting off on the best/healthiest thinking. Do some research around your goals, and reassess.
  • mcibty
    Options
    Although, 1 friend and these are your only posts... I smell a troll.
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    MCIBTY wrote: »
    Although, 1 friend and these are your only posts... I smell a troll.

that'll just be the yeast infection...
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    Well he is now lol..
    Okay so then Tavis, what do you propose I do then? But bare in mind my ultimate goal is muscle mass, not trying to be jack shredded.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

Well, at 1 lb per day gain, and not working out, it's going to be all fat gain.

Skinny cat to ....

711146439835439432.jpg

• TavistockToad
    Options
    Well he is now lol..
    Okay so then Tavis, what do you propose I do then? But bare in mind my ultimate goal is muscle mass, not trying to be jack shredded.

lift while you bulk.
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options

Well, at 1 lb per day gain, and not working out, it's going to be all fat gain.

Skinny cat to ....

711146439835439432.jpg
    Haha cannibal cats! Nice
  • markzak26
    markzak26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Do y'all think I should EAT and work out as I go? I feel that I would just burn to many calories

Hey man. First off I just want to wish you good luck with everything.

You absolutely need to train. Lifting weights doesn't burn as many calories as you think it does. It would be pretty silly to gain the weight and then start lifting.

• chrisinthebox16
    Options
    I reallty think you need to do some reading before you start actually doing anything. You're not really starting off on the best/healthiest thinking. Do some research around your goals, and reassess.
    You have spoken correctly, I'm going on this journey blind. Definitely feeling ill advised by some of these responses.
  • mcibty
    Options
    I can't believe I'm still replying to this, but hey ho...

Do you have any idea how hard you have to work to be shredded? It doesn't happen by accident. Jeez, if people got 'bulky' from working out then there'd be a lot more sexy people in this world.
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    You have spoken correctly, I'm going on this journey blind. Definitely feeling ill advised by some of these responses.

Here - a bunch of helpful threads to get informed

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026

Enjoy reading and good luck!
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    markzak26 wrote: »
    Do y'all think I should EAT and work out as I go? I feel that I would just burn to many calories

Hey man. First off I just want to wish you good luck with everything.

You absolutely need to train. Lifting weights doesn't burn as many calories as you think it does. It would be pretty silly to gain the weight and then start lifting.

Thanks man! I appreciate the support, probably a dumbo for asking this but is there a way I can track exactly how many calories I burn durning a workout? I've seen like step and calorie counting watches and wristbands, but how do you measure it when you weight train?

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I would suggest picking a weight gain goal on MFP of 1lb/week (500 cal/day surplus) eat those cals and lift heavy things (check out starting strength, strong lifts 5x5, good beginner programs and easy to follow).

Don't just try to gain 15lbs then train, as fat does not turn into muscle. If you start lifting now and gain 15lbs you may be able to put on 5-10 of muscle and 5-10 of fat, much better than 15 lbs of fat and no muscle.
  • chrisinthebox16
    Options
    Maaike84 wrote: »

Here - a bunch of helpful threads to get informed
    - Haven't got into the threads yet, but I took a glance and they seem very informative. Thank you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/833026

Enjoy reading and good luck!