Baby weight

Options
I am 27 haven't had my first child yet.. Because I am so afraid of gaining all the baby weight and not being able to lose it. I know it may sound stupid to some but this is the only things that's keeping me from having my baby :(

Replies

• healthymomkc
    healthymomkc Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If that is your biggest worry... I don't think you are ready to have a baby anyway.
  • subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Also not sure why this post would be in success stories.
  • jcarr1927
    jcarr1927 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to let you know that it is worth the weight! Also as long as you try and have some self control you will be fine...the key is after you have your baby to dedicate your self to eating right and not eating like your still pregnant! I am 25 and just had my second baby 6 months ago and I have lost 30 lbs since I started eating right and walking! Breast feeding is not fun but it does also help you loose weight as well! You can do it and loose the weight...but I will say my two babies are the best thing to happen to me and my husband and is truly worth the weight! Good luck hope I helped! :)
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    If that is your biggest worry... I don't think you are ready to have a baby anyway.

Probably true...

• CoconutLucy
    CoconutLucy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I just had my 3rd baby 3 months ago and worked hard to get to my pre 3 pregnancies weight. I had 3 babies in 4 years (i am 26 now) and am now in better shape than I was before. Yeah I have some extra stretch marks but my kids are totally worth it. If you truly want to have kids you'd sacrifice your body for it. It'll take work but you can get back in shape after. Good luck!
  • CoconutLucy
    CoconutLucy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Also breastfeeding helps!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Just don't procreate then. It's not the end of the world if you don't.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options

Indeed.

I'm 37 and my third is 9 months. I'd got to my ideal weight after my 2nd (who is now 3, 4 in May) and I knew I'd gain weight, because I always do in pregnancy, yet I wanted a third so I knew I had to deal with losing weight again. I'm still not back to pre-pregnancy size, but I should be in a few months. And in a few months I'll still have 3 gorgeous children. They're worth a bit of hard work losing weight.
  • missomgitsica
    missomgitsica Posts: 496 Member
    Options

^^This. Hit the nail on the head right there.

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've had 2 kids.
    My first was born in 2011 (c-section).
    pre-pregnancy weight - 200lbs so yep, I was obese to begin with :\
    Dec 2011:
    6d2zk6g4g5gz.jpg
    6 weeks later weighed myself only to find I was at 260lbs. Can you imagine my freak out? 60lbs in 34 weeks. Now, my pregnancy wasn't normal so don't let it scare you. I spent a lot of time in the hospital and on bed rest because I was very sick.
    However in Sept 2013:
    ip5nhhgr7jd2.jpg
    Now this picture serves 2 purposes.
    1. I was below my pre-pregnancy weight. Yay!
    2. I was 5 weeks pregnant with my 2nd little boy. So it also serves as a good goal for after my second is born.
    May 27, 2014
    8fp1z1uvh3iv.jpg
    41 weeks pregnant. 2 days before my second c-section. I tried for a vbac, but luck wasn't on my side with that. However, this pregnancy was perfectly healthy. The only time I had to show up to the hospital was to deliver my son and I wasn't on bed rest at all this time. Up until actually trying the vbac, everything went smoothly.
    Jan 18, 2015 (156.6)
    5xmpkubyqedk.jpg
    Feb 17, 2015 (151.3)
    7dubu5gzedwi.jpg

• BernitaEsprit87
    BernitaEsprit87 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow u look amazing thank you for sharing ur journey
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Maybe ask yourself why you want to have a baby? You don't have to. They're heaps of work.
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You don't have to gain a bunch of weight with pregnancy. It's always up to you, just like any other time. I gained 40 with my first. Next time I got pregnant I knew I wasn;t having that again. I focused on eating healthy and staying active. I wasn't counting calories. I gained 13 pounds total and had a healthy 8 pound baby. By the time you subtract out the placenta and all I think I had a few pounds net loss over all. I was already overweight so that was ok for me to do.
  • DawnieB1977
    Options
    ^^^ It's not always up to you actually. In my first pregnancy I exercised until around 34 weeks, worked full time until 36 weeks (I'm a teacher on my feet all day) and I was careful with what I eat. I've never had a bad diet anyway. I still found myself with around 40lbs to lose. So I lost it. I got pregnant again when he was 13.5 months, and this pregnancy I didn't exercise much as I was so exhausted...pregnant, working in a stressful job, and with a toddler...and I wasn't as careful with what I ate, too many sweet things. I gained loads, then I lost it all and more. In my third pregnancy, which I started off very slim and fit, I gained more than in my 2nd, and I ate at a deficit all pregnancy and did my last aerobics class at 38 weeks. I was still working, and running round after 2 young kids too.
    Was that up to me to gain so much despite doing everything right? I don't think so.

The thing to be aware of is that you can lose it after.

However, if that's your only concern with having a baby, maybe you're not ready yet. Nothing wrong with that, the world would be a better place if people only had children when they really wanted them.
  • kimberz49
    kimberz49 Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    That is a really shallow reason not to have babies and if that's honestly the only reason, then I don't think you're mature enough to raise a child any way.

That being said, I just had my first baby last Nov. The day my baby turned 3 weeks, I was back at my Pre pregnancy weight, meaning I had lost all 49 pounds I gained during pregnancy. Now at 13 weeks, I've lost 20 more pounds. I'm motivated by my son and also inspired by how awesome my body handled pregnancy.

So just trying to say having babies doesn't mean you'll be heavy forever.
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Was that up to me to gain so much despite doing everything right? I don't think so.

Not super sure why you got offended. Let me rephrase, it was up to ME to not gain weight during MY pregnancy. And I accomplished it. Results may vary.

• DawnieB1977
    Options
    kimtab wrote: »

Not super sure why you got offended. Let me rephrase, it was up to ME to not gain weight during MY pregnancy. And I accomplished it. Results may vary.

Yes, I intended not to gain too much weight too, hence the logging and exercising, but I gained anyway. I don't think anyone intends to gain weight, pregnancy affects everyone's body differently.

Either way, it's not like you can't lose the weight, and you have a beautiful baby to show for it, so it's worth it.

Working out in pregnancy has advantages too as you're ready to get back to exercise quickly after birth, and in my case I think it helped labour and birth as I've had easy, relatively fast labours and never needed stitches, and just used gas and air as pain relief. I was home 5 hours after having my 2nd, who was induced for being 12 days overdue.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!