Replies

• KimF84
    KimF84 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hate to love them!!!
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I avoided ordering unless the Girl Scout actually asked, then there was a box to donate them instead...that is what I did. If I have them, I will eat them and I can honestly say I don't really like them that much.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,632 Member
    Options
    My boss already ordered 40 boxes from one of our clients so I have that to look forward to. And another client is bringing me my own personal stash for saving her lack of payroll knowledge life.

I'm pretty good with only having 1 or 2 a day so I'm not worried.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I have some in my pantry-- I've had a few. I don't consider it caving since I planned to have them and ordered them specifically so that I could have some.

But I don't like them as much as I used to do. :sob: Don't become a baker-- it ruins your ability to enjoy most store bought cookies, etc.
  • lngbrd
    lngbrd Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    There's a group of nasty Girl Scout thugs at the store by my house. They strong armed me into 2 boxes of do-si-dos! 2 days later I thought I out smarted them by going to the other store entance only to find out those hoodlums were at that door too...2 more boxes.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    How can an organization that brags how it's such a good organization for young girls produce such absolute trash for everyone.
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just picked up our two boxes. Thin Mints for me and Samoas for him. They might last a day...or two :D
  • steeliebob
    steeliebob Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have ten boxes sitting on the counter ... was chatting with the Mom of the girl I bought them from about how I'm going to have to up my trail mileage a bunch, which I will do to some degree and work them in on my "cheat" days. She had an interesting suggestion though, and that was to freeze them and then break them out over time .... will try, not sure if it will make some of them strange in the long run, but if I hide most of them in the freezer for the next few months .... out of sight, out of mind :)
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Girl scout cookies? I like the smokeable kind, not the edible one!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I haven't had any cookies but I did have a Samoa flavored milk drink thing....it tasted just like to cookie...it was AMAZING!!!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    How can an organization that brags how it's such a good organization for young girls produce such absolute trash for everyone.

How are they "trash"?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    We've already went through 3 boxes of Samoas in my house. Glad that's over.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options

Because they are so "trash", literally every reputable cookie company known to man has made an exact replica of every cookie the Girl Scout Society produces, huh?
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have orderd but not received 2 boxes of Thin Mints and 1 box of the Rah-Rah Raisins. I will put 1 sleeve of the Thin Mints in the freezer for me to snack on, very slowly, and set the rest out for my family to devour in a matter of minutes. I am the only one who will eat the other box and, never having had them before, not even quite sure I will.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I didn't see any that looked very good... I'm just not that into them. What kind are good?
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you know, theyve never been that tempting to me :/
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    They're out in force today. So glad none of them hollered, "Want to buy some cookies?" While I was riding my bike.
  • lolee817
    lolee817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Lol i probably would've zoomed if they've had Jolinia
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    lolee817 wrote: »
    Lol i probably would've zoomed if they've had Jolinia

That was the plan. Selective deafness is a wonderful thing!
  • lolee817
    lolee817 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oops zoomed over there