Replies

• Shahs31
    Shahs31 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I'm thinking! :|
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    make sure to take your before pictures. and when you get frustrated, because you will, look at them...and remember this post. rememeber how you want to have those amazing after pictures.
  • cds_momto3
    cds_momto3 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know! I'm still just 10 pounds in to my goal and it can seem like it'll never happen. But I just remind myself that all the success stories started out like mine... one pound at a time!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    make sure to take your before pictures. and when you get frustrated, because you will, look at them...and remember this post. rememeber how you want to have those amazing after pictures.

I wish I would've taken before pictures... sigh

• jillmarie125
    Options

I only have 1 before picture. I didn't even know about it until I was down 65 pounds and was telling my friends husband I still couldn't see a difference. He sent me the picture he had from his son's birthday party. I look at that picture a lot now and it helps me stay focused.

• MaddiesMom2009
    Options
    Oh my gosh I get so embarrassed in pictures. And yes I totally wish it would all just be done over night!! Thank you guys for your comments it really is nice to not feel alone.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Baby steps. I did not see the change but my daughter did. And she reminds me how much progress I have made. If you make small permanent changes it won't seem like such an endurance test.
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

OMG yes :D When I look at mine I ask to myself why no one told me I was looking so unhealthy and fat .I also look very unhappy on them :( Seeing your progress is the biggest motivation !
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Stay strong, be positive, be patient, you will have your own "after" pics before you know it!
  • MaddiesMom2009
    MaddiesMom2009 Posts: 7
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Okay I took the pics so we will see! :s
  • jillmarie125
    Options
    Okay I took the pics so we will see! :s

you will be happy you did. you don't need to look at them until you feel the need to. take measurments too.
  • hooter_2007
    hooter_2007 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I tried losing weight a year ago. Lost 17 lbs. And within 8 months gained it all back. Plus a few extra pounds. I'm starting this journey again with my mom. I drill Into my head to take it 1 day at a time. I find it easier to just look at the day I'm at since I want to lose 100 lbs. I am pep talking myself that when I do have a bad day in the future that it's not the end of the world. And to keep moving forward. I also have my diary open for my friends to see. That way I'm accountable and it makes me want to eat better since someone else can see it. All the best to you wonderful ladies!!
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not only take pictures but take measurements.... It's not all about what the scale says! I weigh in once a week on Wednesdays first thing in the morning and take measurements once a month on the 11th. I measure chest, bra line, stomach, hips, legs, and arms. It helps see results the scale might not show. Good luck to you on this journey:)
  • ChyanneFord23
    Options

That's a wonderful tactic, I surely did not think of that:)
  • steelerfan1967
    Options
    It will happen. Just keep up the good work :) Feel free to add me if u want
  • MaddiesMom2009
    Options
    NikkyT30 wrote: »
    Not only take pictures but take measurements.... It's not all about what the scale says! I weigh in once a week on Wednesdays first thing in the morning and take measurements once a month on the 11th. I measure chest, bra line, stomach, hips, legs, and arms. It helps see results the scale might not show. Good luck to you on this journey:)

That is actually a really good idea. I never thought about that. I do let the scale become my enemy! I will totally be doing this!
  • ejmartin2001
    ejmartin2001 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

I only have 1 before picture. I didn't even know about it until I was down 65 pounds and was telling my friends husband I still couldn't see a difference. He sent me the picture he had from his son's birthday party. I look at that picture a lot now and it helps me stay focused.

Me too. Lost 9 lbs so far and would've liked to see what that looked like in terms of my pictures.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i took before pics (couple of weeks after i started). plan on doing it every 2 months or so to see if i can see a difference that way. also need to take measurements (havent done that yet and need to! )
  • bunnywestley81
    bunnywestley81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Think I may have a before pic on my old phone....reminded me to seek it out!

I don't notice the difference...others do...I only noticed the other week when I ran downstairs and my jeans fell down!! That was at 17lb in...haven't set a goal as such...aiming to drop 2 stones and then I'll see!
  • silentKayak
    silentKayak Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Consistency is all that matters. Log in every day and track everything you eat. I'd argue that it's almost impossible to fail if you're honest with yourself, you ask for help when you need it, and you stick with it. One day at a time.

Read the success stories as "what's possible". If someone else can do it, so can you.