Moms

Options
2»

Replies

• lbee787
    Options
    millie740 wrote: »
    Are there any other mothers of young children that are struggling to find the energy to get in shape? I need motivation!

Yes!! I have a 17 month old. This is really hard but I know I can do it. Good luck everyone, please add me. Let's support each other.
  • AIMRoberts
    AIMRoberts Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Single mom of a 3 year old with a full time job. Feel free to add :)
  • cakenedith2
    cakenedith2 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I have a 2 year old and work and just "try" to be everything! It is hard but you can do this!!!
  • klof2015
    klof2015 Posts: 6
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have a 2 yr old and work full time. I need motivation and accountability. Please add me!
  • gpiazza149
    gpiazza149 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old and an exclusively breastfed 7 week old! Not to mention ill be going back to work soon!
  • Shannon1023
    Shannon1023 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom of four kiddos... 2, 5, 7, and 10! Please add me too! :smile:
  • jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a mom to two boys and work full time. While exercise is important, just remember diet plays the biggest part! Also certain foods (carb loaded meal) will make you feel tired so if you eat cereals and breads, pastas try to wean yourself. I promise through food you'll find the energy you need. Good luck.
  • kimberleigh753
    Options
    I have an almost 2 year old and I thought it would be easier by now but I was sadly mistaken! She has so much energy that by the time I'm done chasing her around I have no motivation to work out. I'm just starting out on here but I've lost 5 lbs just by tracking everything I eat. I want to get that in control before I burn myself out on everything all together. Please add me everyone!! I can use all the support I can get!
  • Laylasmommy2012
    Laylasmommy2012 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I have a 2, 7 and 12 year old. I work full time and need motivation! I have a sit down job which makes it even harder to lose weight! I grew up in the midwest eating mostly "meat and potatoes" or pasta for meals and I am having a hard time making healthy low-calorie meals. Anyone that would be willing to add me as a friend and share their food diary would be appreciated! I am currently at 212 pounds. Before I had my 2 year old I was down to 165 and although that may sound like a lot for some...I looked and felt great at that weight. I would like to get close to that again.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    ejuliano85 wrote: »
    My son is 3, I work full time and my husband is in the military stationed 90 miles away. He comes home 3 weekends a month (for about a day and a half each time). I just started working out yesterday. I am waking up at 5:30 (will probably have to get up a little earlier) to do my workout in my living room. When I get home from work, my motivation to exercise is minimal. Once I get in the habit of going to bed early and wake up early, I think it will get easier.

It does get easier and in fact, you will look forward to it! I love getting in some "me time" in the morning to exercise. Then once I'm done I'm ready for the day!
  • sjschewlakow
    sjschewlakow Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have 2 boys, 11 and 8. Single parent, work part-time, homeschool, and a part of a homeschool co-op group that meets every week. I go to the Y nearly every day. I am trying to motivate my RL friends! (Y has been closed for snow for two days, hoping to make it before they close today! )