Lent anyone? (Religious or not)

Options
lol Hi everyone!

Just wanted to see If anyone was participating in lent. I am not a practicing catholic but I love participating in this time period. Always feel like it's a healthy way to challenge yourself and maybe hopefully get rid of a bad habit.

This year I've decided on sugar and fast food. My wife is getting rid of carbs. ( by day three we should both be lovely to be around

Replies

• cheftrying
    Options
    I am,if u would like an accountibillity buddy....Although i am catholic its also celebrated by baptist and methodist as well.But regardless of any religion,i think its a great time to start over and challenge yourself also..

I have choosen to give up sugary snacks to or as i call it 4c's.....Chocolate,Cake,Cookies,Candy......Although i have lost over 50 pounds i have been inactive in my tracking lately so i hope this season helps..
  • Katelynn3675
    Options
    Hiya! I am a practicing Catholic who looks forward to Lent! I would love to have a buddy going through similar goals as mine. Last year, I started juicing (used the fat, sick & nearly dead guys juice) & was working out at the gym more days than not. It worked great! I lost about 50 or more pounds! I had to stop going shortly after Lent & have been unable to get back & put most of my weight back on after having shingles during the summer :(. So, this year, I got a Vivosmart & have been walking almost nonstop. Hopefully my message isn't too long & boring. Just needing to chat with someone going through the daily grind like me
  • k_perlinger
    k_perlinger Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a practicing catholic as well. I considered setting an exercise goal, but I think that would be to my benefit more than anything and probably wouldn't be enough of a "sacrifice." I'm debating on not eating out or no shopping beyond basic necessities.
  • tnbraley
    Options
    I am Methodist and we also Celebrate Lent. I am struggling with what exactly to give up. I know I need to give up complaining and excuses. So..., I guess that is it. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Part of let is about adding something. Instead of letting something go, maybe add something that is a bit of a sacrifice.
  • TinaGA2015
    TinaGA2015 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Me, I do it every year
  • Path2keto
    Path2keto Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    cheftrying wrote: »

I have choosen to give up sugary snacks to or as i call it 4c's.....Chocolate,Cake,Cookies,Candy......Although i have lost over 50 pounds i have been inactive in my tracking lately so i hope this season helps..

Congratulations on the loss! The sugar for me is hard because I am a soda addict...the occasional candy bar doesn't help. Lol
  • kbro2awsm
    kbro2awsm Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am a Baptist Christian, and I have observed Lent for probably 7 years. The food part is really not my focus. But, this year I'm giving up fast food, designer coffees and soda. I am participating in meatless and sugarless Ash Wednesday and meatless Fridays. My prayer focus is the sexualization of female youth.
  • hapyfaces2
    hapyfaces2 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I participate and i am christian…You can add me to your friends list. I like to to help with motivation. Something we all need.
  • queenoflogres
    Options
    Hi. This year I am trying to observe the orthodox rules on fasting. I would really appreciate a buddy to keep me right on this!
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everone, bit late joining in but I'm doing a fast during Lent (started Ash Wed in Feb)
    I'm a Methodist and progressive Christian. This year I'm doing a Ramadan-style fast between sunrise & sunset (checking those times daily!). But I am allowing myself other sensible drinks during the day. I then have a sensible evening meal and don't fast on Sundays.
    It's giving me a different perspective on food - breaking the grazing habit! I'm also losing a little weight, but that's not my primary concern.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Participating and i am a Christian. Gave up block cheese with my wine... :)