Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Day 1 with MFP in Austin, TX

Yay me!
I'm being silly but seriously, I DID in fact make it one full day without eating anything crappy or super-sugar & fat filled. That has to count for something.

I would love to find some fun MFP friends - special bonus points for Austinites - to share meal and snack ideas, exercise tips (though just getting me to the gym anytime soon will be a miracle), and potentially, for the locals, do a monthly healthy dining get together.

Am also hoping to make friends with women with PCOS. I just started Metformin last week and would be interested in comparing notes on it's affects on eating, appetite, etc.

Happy Tuesday, all!
Jen in Austin

Replies

• LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    i want Austinite bonus points!!

lol i'm adding you now. just wanted to let you know.
  • nurule
    nurule Posts: 1
    hello.. i'm new here :)
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Hey there welcome to MFP.. You're going to love it here :) Im a fellow austinite so feel free to add me if you'd like
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    one full day is AWESOME, not silly at all. it's hard when you realize how bad you really DO eat! i'm going to add you. i know my ticker says i haven't lost much.. but i was 10 lbs from my goal weight last year, and then i let myself get too off track and ate like crap for a year and gained it all back. so i've done it before and i have a little bit of knowledge! anything you need to know feel free to ask!
  • I'm an Austinite.. Well sort of, I live in Kingsland but I visit Austin frequently. :)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    I'm in Austin! :D
  • JenInAustin
    JenInAustin Posts: 53 Member
    So I'd love to know where in town y'all might go for quick, healthy meals.

I'm just south of downtown so I like The Screaming Goat and their taco salad with abodabo chicken. And I love Freebird's salads.
    Course, now I need to figure out their nutritional values...
  • JenInAustin
    Anymore Austin-ites out there? Would love to make some more friends, continue the mutual support, and share favorite local eateries :) And particularly MEN. I have almost no male friends on here. I am not scary - promise :p

Jen
  • Howdy Jen...I'm a Jenn with 2 'N's'! While I'm not an Austinite...I am a Round Rockite!
  • JenInAustin
    Jenn-with-two-n's, Round Rock totally counts. Nice to meet you!
  • athenawho
    athenawho Posts: 253
    I did a search for Austin and found this post...

...I live in Austin, I would love some Austin weight-loss buddies to talk to about local farmers markets, grocery stores, and eateries :)
  • jkwcmw
    jkwcmw Posts: 2
    Hello, I am not from Austin, but I am with you on PCOS. I have been on metformin since Nov 2010 and since then it has helped me lose 14lbs without trying. But it did mess with my stomach quite a bit at first. Then is goes away.
  • jenrod1118
    jenrod1118 Posts: 150 Member
    Yea for Jen's in Austin! Are you guys doing the monthly healthy dinners? It would be nice to have a local MFP support group. I'm glad I found this thread :)
  • JenInAustin
    We haven't done a get together mainly because I haven't done any organizing :p
    I've been working a 3pm-11pm job so dinners are easier said than done!