Need to lose 110lbs! Would love some help!

Options
Hi, my names Rachel.

At the moment, I weigh 250lbs or 17st 12lbs depending on what side of the water you come from. I have used MFP before and done really well, lost around 21lbs, put a fair bit of it back on over Christmas, and just recently broke my wrist, so off work.

I find myself boredom eating, and I lack the will power to say no to a takeaway or cake. I have found a diet that I enjoy and can follow, even at work, but still can't say no to cake or grease, as am always hungry! My next problem is the motivation to exercise. I have none. I hate the gym, so I bought a dvd and I have the wii fit. I enjoy swimming and also recently bought A push bike. The latter two I unfortunately can't do at the moment due to my broken wrist.

I have seen this time off work as an opportunity to exercise alot more than normal since it isn't in the way, but I am just lacking the motivation. I don't have anyone doing it with me, I don't have the help and support I would like. So I turn to you, the MFP community, to add friends and speak to people on the same boat as me, who want it just as bad. Any help Or tips would be brilliant!

Thanks for reading and I hope To make some new friends

Replies

• txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have 114 pounds to go. Please feel free to add me. And the way you're messing up is by dieting. This isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle change. It's all about calories in, calories out. As long as you meet your calorie goal, it doesn't matter what you are eating to meet it. I eat ice cream, pizza, etc all the time, I just make it fit in my calories. I've lost 23 pounds so far in about 6 weeks and I feel great. I also got a fitbit and it really motivates me to move. Good luck to you!
  • txteachermom
    Options
    oh, and also, one more thing. When I was having constant hunger pains throughout the day, I started drinking more water. I drink at least 8 16 oz bottles a day of water. When you're hungry, drink a bottle of water and then wait 15 minutes. If you are still hungry, have a snack. I found that drinking more water made me a lot less hungry.
  • purpleprincess0422
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same boat! I'm 250 as well, but I've just started on MFP. Please add me, I would love a buddy!!
  • RachelMcBride91
    RachelMcBride91 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks @txteachermom‌, I call it a diet, but I am eating what I want, a'll have pizza, but make it myself instead to make it healthier, instead of ice cream, frozen yoghurt. That and weighing everything and having proper portion sizes. So I was doing good, and enjoying everything I ate. I drink hundreds of water and black tea and still feel hungry. I was thinking of a fitbit, good recommendation from yourself? And since joining the online community, I have realised that I don't know how to fully work this app aha. I don't know how to get my thing saying how many lbs I've lost.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    My ultimate goal is also 110 pounds. I've been maintaining in the 80-90 pound loss range for a couple of years. My goal right now is to get more weight loss started. My start weight was 300 and I am 215 at the moment. I would be THRILLED to get to 200, but my real goal is 190.

My eating and exercise habits are great and I've got motivation coming out my ears, but I have health problems (metabolic) that make weight loss really challenging.

I broke my hand in November and am still dealing with some issues around that, but I'm pretty much back to my regular workouts now, with just a couple of small modifications in weight lifting.

You can walk and run, obviously. Have you thought about swimming? You could use a kickboard.

You don't LACK the willpower, you are just choosing not to use it yet. I don't have any help or support either--I just do it anyhow.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    but still can't say no to cake or grease, as am always hungry!

This probably has something to do with your diet. You might want to considering sharing your diary and asking for feedback.

Are you getting enough fiber and protein? Are you well hydrated?
  • txteachermom
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip, which is the cheapest model, and I love it. I don't like the wristbands of the other models, and I like that the zip shows you on the display exactly how many steps you have, whereas other models light up every 2000 steps or so. It doesn't track sleep, but I don't need it to. So that would be my recommendation.
  • sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I also have 100 plus pounds to lose. Feel free to add me if you like. My phone won't allow me to add friends for some reason. Good luck on your new weight loss journey
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    I have a fitbit zip, which is the cheapest model, and I love it. I don't like the wristbands of the other models, and I like that the zip shows you on the display exactly how many steps you have, whereas other models light up every 2000 steps or so. It doesn't track sleep, but I don't need it to. So that would be my recommendation.

LOVE my Zip. It motivates me to get a lot more casual activity and to be active throughout6 the day instead of JUST doing an intense one-hour workout everyday. That seems to be helping me break my plateau.
  • RachelMcBride91
    Options
    You can walk and run, obviously. Have you thought about swimming? You could use a kickboard. .

I do alot of walking, and I love swimming, it's what I done before I broke my wrist. But I can't swim at the moment incase I get the cast wet.

And to your other question, I get enough fibre, it's protein that's my problem. I'm really fussy with food, mainly because I don't like the texture of things, example, I won't eat a steak or a chop because I hate the texture, but once it's minced (or ground depending on where your from) I'll eat it, so burgers yes, sausages yes. I like quorn but, and eat alot of that. It's just getting decent protein into my body.

I drink plenty, normally 2 litres or more, in water or black green teas, so I am hydrated too.

It's all trail and error at the moment until I find what's right for me :)
  • RachelMcBride91
    Options

LOVE my Zip. It motivates me to get a lot more casual activity and to be active throughout6 the day instead of JUST doing an intense one-hour workout everyday. That seems to be helping me break my plateau.

Regarding the fitbit, I was going to get the flex, mainly because I don't sleep very well, and thought tracking it would help me? But I'll look into the zip! I don't mind not being able to see how many steps I've done mind you, cause with the flex you have an app on your phone you can check.