I feel like a champ!

saltorian
saltorian Posts: 192 Member
I've been alternating between bicycling, walking, and doing some short jogging intervals for exercise over the past month or so and the weight loss has been great, but I wasn't sure if I was making a lot of progress in the fitness department.

So, yesterday, I was at this local park that has a walking trail with distance markers on it and it brought back the memory of having to run the mile in high school. In my memory, it was a grueling, long, humiliating experience. I could never actually run the whole thing, and by the end I was always entirely exhausted and defeated.

But yesterday was a beautiful day, I had nowhere to be for an hour, and so I thought, "What the heck. I'll just try." My goal was just to see if I could jog the whole thing. Not worried about speed, just wondering if I could make it.

Well, did I ever! :bigsmile: It was SO much easier than I remembered it being! Mind you, it wasn't exactly "easy" for me, but I had enough energy to sprint the last dozen yards... and I wasn't so tired that I couldn't keep walking after that and even do it AGAIN half an hour later!

The best part: I timed the second run. *Under 11 minutes*!!! (Not a big deal to many people, I'm sure, but I don't think I've run a whole mile, let alone one that fast, since I was twelve years old!) I was grinning like a fool the whole way back to the car.

Replies

• SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    THAT'S AWESOME...YOU SHOULD CELEBRATE YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENT, HOWEVER SMALL IT MAY BE TO SOMEONE ELSE...YOU DID IT!!! YEAH :flowerforyou:
  • charli914
    charli914 Posts: 7 Member
    Way to go!! That's amazing! I totally understand where you are coming from, I don't think I've EVER run an entire mile without walking (asthma), so go you! Keep it up!
  • laurie_powers
    laurie_powers Posts: 103 Member
    LOVE IT! Congrats, you should feel like a champ. To me, it's things like this that keep me exercising. I feel better now than when I was younger. :) Keep it up!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!