Hi, New here but very motivated... wants support =)

Options
Hey everyone. I'm new here. logged on to get some way to track my progress and ended up thinking support may go a long way. I've been up and down with my weight here and there but am currently 5"5 162 pounds. Last week I started this work out routine, as I used to work out 4 days a week back in the day when time permited. My new routine is 2 workouts daily. One in the morning before breakfast for 30 minutes (about 450 calories burned) and one in the afternoon, again 30 minutes (about 500 calories burned). My boyfriend says this is alot but I am tired of putting on old clothes and not fiting them or feeling awful about myself so I figured the harder I work the better the outcome. My goal is to be at 145 by June 30th, 2011 for a hawaii vacation. I am dieting here and there but I allow myself to cheat a day without the guilt since I am burning almost 1000 calories a day. I figure cheating a little will help with the motivation too haha.

Does anyone have any support, suggestions, needs? I would like to communicate to keep up my dedication but if anyone needs any help i'm there for ya too ;)

Replies

• ChattyNoSurrender
    ChattyNoSurrender Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Howdy! I'm about a month-new here myself and have slowly started working on getting involved in the MFP community. Figured time to make friends and accept to get support from others lol

If I may say so, I believe your boyfriend is right! Working out everyday can hurt yo more than help...as I coincidentally recommended to someone else today, give yourself a day's rest in between workout days so your body can recuperate. If you do not allow it to do so, your results may suffer as your body will find other ways to recup; storing calories for example! Been there! You may think resting sounds unproductive but it actually works!

And cheating? Naaaw, I call indulging in a Lindor or a high-cal meal a REWARD! lol
  • doesntneonehavethis
    Options
    I see exactly where you both are coming from. My only thing is... I did about 2 months of 30 minute work outs every other day and it was hard to stay motivated. I LOVED the days I didnt have to do anything lol so the days I had to do some were torture. Now its giving me great energy and I feel great! I plan on slowing down once I reach my goal back to the every other day. LOL, I love the REWARD thing... that is exactly what I need to be focusing on.... i've been looking at some great reciepes from some diet cook books and as long as you have the money its not to tough to eat right....hmmmm