Lower my calorie intake to 860?

Options
so I've been logging for 85 days I believe and have now lost 24 lbs. The app suggested I lower my calorie intake to 860/ day. Has anyone else gotten this advice? It seems too low. I still have about 15 more lbs to lose. Will I keep losing of i stay at 1200?

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    The app shouldn't have lowered it that much. Is it a glitch? The online version won't lower it automatically to anything less than 1200.

Anyway, don't decrease to below 1200 net calories. Maybe try checking your settings on your app.
  • sanchezmommy
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    The app shouldn't have lowered it that much. Is it a glitch? The online version won't lower it automatically to anything less than 1200.

Anyway, don't decrease to below 1200 net calories. Maybe try checking your settings on your app.

Right now when I set my goal for 2lbs a week loss it now lowered my calorie intake to 1,130 a day. I thought under 1,200 was starvation mode?
  • billo2060
    Options
    860 is way to low , i believe its a glitch
    yday when i recalculate the same goal iy gave me 1150 instead of 1500. when i retried today it got back to 1500, u should give it a try
  • sanchezmommy
    Options
    Thank you billo!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,564 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode doesn't exist.

Your ticker says you have 8 pounds to lose, so 2 pounds a week is going to be too aggressive for you. Change your goal to .5 pounds to limit the loss of lean body mass, since you don't have much fat left to lose.
  • sanchezmommy
    Options
    Thank you Malibu! That makes sense!!
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,660 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What's with MFP? This is the second thread where MFP is automatically setting people's goals below 1200 (and now below 1000!). I wonder if something's going on with the app. For instance, today I tried to log my food, and it wasn't finding anything in the database, even basic stuff like oatmeal.
  • Sumabadi
    Options
    Whether it exists it not in your world I think "starvation mode" is the best way to describe what I was going through.

I worked out, ate clean and healthy for 3 months plus drank half my weight in oz of water, with no results Now that I'm following the goals I'm actually struggling to meet the requirements. I literally have to eat 3 full meals plus snacks. And now that Ive decided to give it a try and continue to eat more I'm loosing more weight and faster than before.

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Sumabadi wrote: »
    Whether it exists it not in your world I think "starvation mode" is the best way to describe what I was going through.

I worked out, ate clean and healthy for 3 months plus drank half my weight in oz of water, with no results Now that I'm following the goals I'm actually struggling to meet the requirements. I literally have to eat 3 full meals plus snacks. And now that Ive decided to give it a try and continue to eat more I'm loosing more weight and faster than before.

It does not exist in the real world.
  • AlexanderLeRitz
    AlexanderLeRitz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I think the system was or is still glitched. MFP should not be recommending such low caloric intake. It's not healthy.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't know how people with only 15 pounds to lose are losing two pounds a week. I get a bit hangry losing .5 a week.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    What's with MFP? This is the second thread where MFP is automatically setting people's goals below 1200 (and now below 1000!). I wonder if something's going on with the app. For instance, today I tried to log my food, and it wasn't finding anything in the database, even basic stuff like oatmeal.

That happened to me earlier too. It said there were no results for milk.