Struggling through weakness :(

Options
This is by far the hardest journey i've ever found myself on! I've been sick the last couple days and comfort foods have (in a twisted sick way) made me almost feel better. How do you keep yourself from self-mutilation and guilt from off-diet eating? People say it's best to just "hop back on" your diet, but I find it so hard.

Since dieting, using my FitBit and MFP, just this month, i've lost 12.5 pounds.

Replies

• fallenoaks37
    Options
    Keep logging. Even if you don't hit your calorie target, you'll be able to take some accountability by logging it. Seeing the numbers may be able to help you get back on track.

Great job on the weight loss so far!
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Keep logging. Even if you don't hit your calorie target, you'll be able to take some accountability by logging it. Seeing the numbers may be able to help you get back on track.

Great job on the weight loss so far!

YES, accountability the perfect word for MFP. Me: Yeahh, I didn't regret that box of Oreos until I had to log them in my diary... Yikes, HAHAH.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    This is by far the hardest journey i've ever found myself on! I've been sick the last couple days and comfort foods have (in a twisted sick way) made me almost feel better. How do you keep yourself from self-mutilation and guilt from off-diet eating? People say it's best to just "hop back on" your diet, but I find it so hard.

Since dieting, using my FitBit and MFP, just this month, i've lost 12.5 pounds.

If eating a little too much at one meal or on one day is driving you to SI, I really hope you have someone in your life--counselor, therapist, doctor--you could talk to about it. That's an issue you should--and deserve to--get help with in person.

(My apologies if I misinterpreted your post, OP!)
  • MommyRN4God
    MommyRN4God Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you're doing amazing! I wish I could lose that much weight. All I seem to be doing is gaining. I'm a huge stress eater. And when I say I'm huge, I'm not kidding! I weigh the most I have ever weighed in my life! It's the hardest it's ever been to get the weight off. I feel like a horrible mom and wife because I can't keep up with my family! I applause your weight loss! Keep it going! Don't fall off for one bad day! Your seeing results, don't give up now!