5"11 female 95 kg how many calories??

Options
Help!!!!!:)

Replies

• terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    What I do and what I recommend to people is to eat at a calorie level that allows you to make good progress towards your goal. If you are trying to lose weight, eat so you drop 1-2 lbs/week. This assumes an average calorie burn from you getting in all of your workouts. This will be different for everyone, so you'll have to do some trial and error to figure it out. I'd start ~1800 cal/day. Hit this goal, along with your macros and getting in your workouts, for 2 weeks. If you lose 1-2 lbs, you're good to go. If you lose too much, increase your intake and repeat. If you don't lose enough, reduce your intake a bit and repeat. After a few weeks, you'll figure out what works for you in your situation.

Be sure that you're getting in intense exercise 5-6 days/week. Resistance training is awesome for weight loss, but mix in high intensity intervals, plyometrics, mobility work, and some other cardio too.
  • jessleon1984
    jessleon1984 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I havnt really been exersizing but during the day seem to work up a sweat running around after my toddlers I was 115 kgs 2 years ago so I guess I've lost something but just really want to feel good about myself ok I'm going to take dogs for a walk :)
  • SarahKhristan
    SarahKhristan Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have mine set to lose half a lb a week and MFP says I should be eating over 2300 calories a day. I find I average anywhere from 1500-1800 a day and I see pretty good results.
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Are you active? I am just under 5'11 and when I started I was about 93 kg and at about 1800 calories a day. I had just literally started in the gym (hitt cardio and weights) with a lightly active-moderately active kind of day.

When did you start and how much do u weigh now?
  • jessleon1984
    Options
    Do you logs exersizing? And if you spend an hour say gardening and work up a sweat would you
    Are you active? I am just under 5'11 and when I started I was about 93 kg and at about 1800 calories a day. I had just literally started in the gym (hitt cardio and weights) with a lightly active-moderately active kind of day.

• jessleon1984
    Options
    I've been consistent for a month and lost 2 kgs after I had my 2nd baby who is two I was 105 now 94 wanna get to 85 ahhh it's hard
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Set MFP with your height, weight and activity level and to lose 1lb a week, use that, eat back your exercise calories. If you're not losing or you're too hungry after a month, tweak upwards or downward but by no more than 100 calories. Let the app do all the hard work for you!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Based on your stats and using the TDEE method, I would put you around 1800 calories. I would adjust your macros to add in more protein. So macros around 40% carbs, 30% protein and fats. This will help you achieve around 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass (I suspect you could be around 35-40% body fat currently) and gets you around .35g of fat per lb of lean body mass. This will also help with fullness (fats and proteins keep you full longer and fill you up faster). With this method you do not eat back exercise calories. Settings can be changed below.

MFP Diary Setting

Additionally, if you do decide to add exercise (which would be highly suggestion), I would recommend adding some resistance training, even if you start with body weight training. When you add in resistance training, it will help maintain your muscle and metabolic functions. But more importantly, you will see much greater changes in your body composition and look. There are programs on fitnessblender.com that are free or if you want a good program, there is convict conditioning (it's $10 online IIRC) or you are your own gym