Who else is intaking 1000 calories per day? :)

Options
Hey there! :) I'm only on this 10 days now and haven't added any friends yet. Who else is intaking 1000 calories per day? Motivation buddies? :)

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Most people (even women) can eat much more than 1000 calories per day and still lose weight. You will find very few people think it's a good idea to eat 1000 calorie per day.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you only have 4 lbs to lose. Why on earth are you only eating 1000 calories (which is lower than the recommended minimum for a woman)? At 20 years old, and based on your profile picture, you should be eating WAY more.
  • sazgabrielle
    Options
    1000 suits me just fine, I find it difficult to eat much more than that to be honest.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You either are very short or misinformed. You know you can eat a lot more and lose weight.
  • sazgabrielle
    Options
    I'm here to find people who are looking for a motivation buddy, not to be told what I should and shouldn't be doing, but thank you.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    You don't have to eat 'more' in quantity. You could easily eat more in 'quality' though. Choose foods that have a higher calorie density and you'll be fine. You should really strive to eat a caloric intake that is appropriate for you age/weight/height. I'm doubtful that 1000 calories is enough for you, and hunger has little to do with what your body needs nutritionally.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    Well, you can do what ever you want but encouraging others is not good.
  • sazgabrielle
    Options
    I am a very slim build and used to be very fit until I got sick. I've put on weight which is very difficult to lose when I can't exercise properly anymore. I'm entitled to be here to lose 4 pounds just as much as anybody else is entitled to be here to lose 20.
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    I'm here to find people who are looking for a motivation buddy, not to be told what I should and shouldn't be doing, but thank you.

We're trying to help you. You have set yourself up with a goal that is not sustainable and can potentially be dangerous. Are we supposed to support that? Are we supposed to motivate you to unhealthy behaviors? The answer to both of those are no.

Look, we want you to be successful. We want you to be healthy. But you're not going to achieve your goals in a healthy and sustainable manner with only 1000 calories.

• AlexanderLeRitz
    AlexanderLeRitz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Speaking from personal experience here! Not here to upset anyone ! I plateaud with my weight for six months when I was eating 900 some calories a day. Upon research I found that the body goes into starvation mode and it holds on to fat for dear life when you give it less than 1,200 calories (women) or 1,600 calories (men). After tweaking my diet and adding a tiny bit of extra food to my diet, the weight just started falling off effortlessly ! It's all about a balance between a deficit of your BMR and making sure you're giving your body enough caloric intake. Good luck in your endeavors ! Stay motivated and you'll reach your goals before you know it!
  • Ninkyou
    Options
    I am a very slim build and used to be very fit until I got sick. I've put on weight which is very difficult to lose when I can't exercise properly anymore. I'm entitled to be here to lose 4 pounds just as much as anybody else is entitled to be here to lose 20.

It doesn't matter if you have 4 lbs to lose or 100 lbs to lose. Your calorie goal is inappropriate and unhealthy for you.

Entitlement has nothing to do with it.
  • Laureani
    Laureani Posts: 134 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

We're just trying to help, when you ask questions on MFP people will give you their facts and opinions. I know it's hard to take criticism or opposition but it's only for your benefit. It is not recommended to eat less than 1200 calories if you are on a very low caloric diet. You should check your BMR http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator
    it will tell you how much you should be eating, trust MFP's recommendation for your body weight and height, I wish you luck.
  • slynnr14
    Options
    Some days 1200 doesn't seem enough, other 1000 or so does the trick. I'm just starting too.
  • sazgabrielle
    Options
    I didn't come here to cause a negative discussion, I apologise if I offended anyone. I'm simply doing what I feel is best for me, that's all... I understand that everybody has different opinions on what's best but we all work differently. Sorry again.
  • queenliz99
    Options
    I didn't come here to cause a negative discussion, I apologise if I offended anyone. I'm simply doing what I feel is best for me, that's all... I understand that everybody has different opinions on what's best but we all work differently. Sorry again.

Nothing negative. We are just pointing out to everyone that sees this post that this is not a good idea.
  • AlexanderLeRitz
    AlexanderLeRitz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    No one is here for negativity! From my experience this is an awesome community of people who only want to help you! I've yet to come across an angry forum drifter or a troll here. Everyone is just intending it as friendly advice.
  • sazgabrielle
    Options
    Seeing as MFP was letting me select 1000 calories, I didn't think it was a problem or a bad thing... I assumed it was okay.