Evening Sweet Tooth

Options
Hey guys,

So I am just getting started back up with this and identifying triggers and difficult times during the day for me. I realized that 7-10 really is my witching hour(s). I just want to eat chocolate and I'm usually not satisfied after one piece. Tips? Tricks?

Replies

• klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Brookside - Dark Chocolate Goji With Raspberry, 8 pieces (1/4 cup - 40 g) = 85 calories. Chew slowly. That works for me.
  • Jmorici529
    Options
    I have heard that dark chocolate is really helpful. Thanks!
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I have an evening sweet tooth as well. I've found if I try to deny it all together I end up going fine (and rather frustrated) for a few days and then binging one night on a stressful day. I've found giving in and saving daily calories for an evening snack is what makes it work. I love dark chocolate chips, savoring one at a time or a good quality ice cream with a small spoon.
  • joepratt503
    joepratt503 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow...best thing ever.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I am a major night time snacker. So I just make sure I have enough calories at the end of the day that I don't have to worry about it. Dark chocolate is good because it doesn't make me want to eat as much as milk or sweeter chocolates.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I'm a major evening dessert craver and hot tea + a preportioned, pretracked dessert works for me. Usually it's a couple cookies or some dark chocolate. Some days it's cocoa with a shot of Baileys o:) But the key is tracking it ahead of time so I know that I can have it, but also that there's a limit to what I can have.
  • iamnotjess
    iamnotjess Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've finally realized that I like some kind of treat after dinner, so I always leave enough calories at the end of the day for a piece of fruit. I stopped doing dark chocolate because it always triggers an avalanche of eating after that. Fruit doesn't have the same effect on me.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Every evening I end my night with a casein protein cake topped with natural peanut butter. I also make a chai latte with unsweetened almond milk and white chocolate protein powder. The combination of the slow digesting casein protein paired with the healthy satiating fats from the peanut butter really shut down my urge to just keep snacking, the tea also helps because its sweet, warm, and takes awhile to finish.
  • Raynne413
    Options
    Every evening I end my night with a casein protein cake topped with natural peanut butter. I also make a chai latte with unsweetened almond milk and white chocolate protein powder. The combination of the slow digesting casein protein paired with the healthy satiating fats from the peanut butter really shut down my urge to just keep snacking, the tea also helps because its sweet, warm, and takes awhile to finish.

Do you have a recipe for the casein cake? I've tried to make one with whey and is just turns out spongey/rubbery and not good at all!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Save calories for it. Eating in the evening isn't bad. Just eating after you've reached your calorie restriction is.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Katerina9408
    Katerina9408 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Jmorici529 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

So I am just getting started back up with this and identifying triggers and difficult times during the day for me. I realized that 7-10 really is my witching hour(s). I just want to eat chocolate and I'm usually not satisfied after one piece. Tips? Tricks?

There where and still are those sweet,sweet Armenian cookies ( with no dairy or animal products) on the table and I so,so much wanted to eat them but I weight it and ate an apple instead. It still has sugar, but it is also no processed and has a lot of fibre and doesn't make me feel sick like eating junk food.I used to LOVE peanuts and chips but as long as I don't eat them, I don't feel the need to eat them if that makes sence. It is some kind of addiction to me.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I really like the 60 calorie sugar free jell-o pudding cups. I usually hate anything with artificial sweeteners but those are yummy and satisfy my sweet tooth at night.
  • FitMelody4Life
    FitMelody4Life Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »

Do you have a recipe for the casein cake? I've tried to make one with whey and is just turns out spongey/rubbery and not good at all!

34 g Optimum Nutrition peanut butter chocolate casein
    8 g Nutivia coconut flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    (Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl)

32 g liquid egg whites
    60 ml unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    60 g canned pumpkin
    (Mix into the dry ingredients; it will seem dry and a little hard to combine but that is fine, if it’s too wet it won’t ever set while cooking)

Microwave for 2:40 (at least that is what works best on my microwave, you may have to experiment as you know over cooking makes it rubbery)

Take out of microwave and flip upside down into another bowl; microwave for an additional 20 seconds

Top with nut butter of your choice, I also sprinkle cinnamon on top and use some Walden Farms pancake syrup.
  • unikornss
    unikornss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Drink enough water to curb the craving.
    Also tea
  • beets4us
    beets4us Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I took a three week break from sweets completely, and it really helped me reorient my palette. Now I don't get those cravings so strongly. It's really hard the first few days/week but you get used to it. It helped me gain control over my cravings. Now I'll often just go for some fruit! And treats are now treats, not an everyday thing. Might work for you too :)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I eat 99% chocolate. Some people don't like it but with a cup of tea and 100 grams of raspberries, I can eat the whole bar and it fits into my deficit. Hell, I even had a serving of chocolate frozen yogurt with it tonight too.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the chocolate! but nothing wrong with a little sweet tooth, as long as you're under the calorie and sugar goal. you should be fine. BTW, I love chocolate myself.
  • dbates206
    dbates206 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow, yes! And work off calories before the evening.
  • pwatol
    pwatol Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »
    I really like the 60 calorie sugar free jell-o pudding cups. I usually hate anything with artificial sweeteners but those are yummy and satisfy my sweet tooth at night.

^^this

The other thing I love is a bowl of cereal for desert. Special K flavors or Cheerios flavors with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. A little sweet, a little creamy, a little nutty, and very filling.
  • Raynne413
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »

34 g Optimum Nutrition peanut butter chocolate casein
    8 g Nutivia coconut flour
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    (Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl)

32 g liquid egg whites
    60 ml unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    60 g canned pumpkin
    (Mix into the dry ingredients; it will seem dry and a little hard to combine but that is fine, if it’s too wet it won’t ever set while cooking)

Microwave for 2:40 (at least that is what works best on my microwave, you may have to experiment as you know over cooking makes it rubbery)

Take out of microwave and flip upside down into another bowl; microwave for an additional 20 seconds

Top with nut butter of your choice, I also sprinkle cinnamon on top and use some Walden Farms pancake syrup.

Thanks! I'll give it a try!!