Cupid's Undie Run: Then and Now!

Options
DarbiB
DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
So this weekend I ran Cupid's Undie Run to benefit Children's Tumor Foundation. It's a great cause, and I had a great time. This was my second time running it, I did it the first time back in 2013. I was looking at pictures then and now. It's encouraging to see how far I've come, although I'm not "done" yet. Anyways, I wanted to share my story with the lovely folks of MFP, because even though I don't post too much, I love love love the boards, and especially the Success Stories. So here goes...

I've always been a pudge, but somewhat athletic. I swam and played softball in high school and rugby in college. By early 2013 though, I was 24 years old, 236 pounds, and according to my doctor, just about pre-diabetic. That February is when I ran my first Undie Run!

6F90C70E-0055-4554-9A5B-4D4F58978021.png_zpsybzolhlm.jpeg

I am sucking in SO MUCH in this photo, its not even funny.

Anyways, my doctor hooked me up with a nutritionist who helped me make better food choices (no, I didn't need pancakes and syrup for breakfast every morning!), and she also introduced me to MFP. I started working out regularly and counting calories, the weight didn't exactly melt off, but MAN did I feel better. Seriously, life was FULL of of NSVs! My blood sugar came way way down, I was sleeping better, less acne, the works. I ran my first 5k that May (2013) -- took me 45 minutes. I did another one that September (2013) -- 34 minutes.

I took some time off, but here is a "during" picture of me at about 205 in July (2014).

79B1D89F-5E2F-4A65-8483-8E0BF352A931_zpsni6f6xoy.jpg

Yes that is a bikini, and yes I wore it to the beach. I think if you have a body and can get to a beach, then you have a beach body! Don't let anyone tell you differently!

Anyways, late summer/early fall I got back on the MFP horse. I started incorporating strength/resistance training, went to a Barre class for the first time, and discovered the MFP message boards! I finally got to onederland in September, and as of this year's undie run, I'm 170 pounds!

2940C862-B8CF-4ACB-BA09-891C32782300_zpsdlk7ikx1.jpg

This is already super long, so here are some stats:
Height: 5'6
SW: 236
CW: 170
GW: Maybe 154? That would put me at normal BMI.
When I started I was a size 16/18, and right now I'm a size 14 pushing a 12.

Replies

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    congrats! You look like you've lost way more than a size!! and I love your attitude and how genuinely confident and happy you look in EVERY pic. Way to go!
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    So this is what I have to look forward to in another 10lbs lost ... You are looking great !! Keep up the great work!
  • mvexplorer
    mvexplorer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! I love your confidence. I am about the same as your starting stats with the same goals, and I don't have the confidence to do the undie run yet! Maybe next year!!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    So fantastic! You should be really proud of what you've done - it's definitely an inspiration!
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Fan-effing-tastic! You look amazing and I'm totally inspired. :)
  • DarbiB
    Options
    congrats! You look like you've lost way more than a size!! and I love your attitude and how genuinely confident and happy you look in EVERY pic. Way to go!

Thanks!!!! TBH, I have lost more than a size up top (sigh).
    oncem0re wrote: »
    So this is what I have to look forward to in another 10lbs lost ... You are looking great !! Keep up the great work!

Thanks a bunch! You keep up the good work yourself! We got this!
  • DarbiB
    Options
    mvexplorer wrote: »
    That's amazing! I love your confidence. I am about the same as your starting stats with the same goals, and I don't have the confidence to do the undie run yet! Maybe next year!!

YOU SHOULD!!!! It's an great cause, and a total blast to run. It's hard to feel self-conscious when EVERYBODY is in their undies. I'm sure you do right now and will look amazing doing the run!

Joannah700 wrote: »
    So fantastic! You should be really proud of what you've done - it's definitely an inspiration!

Fan-effing-tastic! You look amazing and I'm totally inspired. :)

You two are too sweet! Thank you both xoxo
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    DarbiB wrote: »
    I think if you have a body and can get to a beach, then you have a beach body! Don't let anyone tell you differently!

Your whole story is awesome, but this quote alone makes you doubly awesome. Someone should send this to the gossip mags with their 'beach body in 15 days' diets. Props to ya!

• iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I think if you have a body and can get to a beach, then you have a beach body! Don't let anyone tell you differently!

Your whole story is awesome, but this quote alone makes you doubly awesome. Someone should send this to the gossip mags with their 'beach body in 15 days' diets. Props to ya!

This!!!! :) Awesome job girly, looking sweet!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome!
  • losingles
    losingles Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! Love your spunk and confidence! :)
  • Icandoit66
    Icandoit66 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You look great!! :)
  • kb1927
    kb1927 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! My daughter was diagnosed with neurofibromatosis last year (a genetic disorder involving tumors), so I am always excited to hear about people participating in the Undie Run!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    You are incredibly cute and have the best attitude ever! ❤ Awesome, just awesome!
  • DarbiB
    Options

This!!!! :) Awesome job girly, looking sweet!

RIGHT? Had to quit buying those magazines years ago -- they were making me feel terrible about myself. Life is too short not to feel the sun on your tummy.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    excellent!
  • steelerfan1967
    Options
    Niice
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great job! I like your green bikini top. :D
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Awesome. You've done great work and I love how happy you look.

Also I love your hair. Fellow curly, represent.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    You made my day! Very inspiring and looking fabulous as well!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!