Tried it on my own. Blew it! Helpful understanding friends needed

Options
I have been on here before. I lost my weight (25 pounds) fairly quick. I figured I got this, I don't need to track anymore. I continued my exercise although not as consistent. I added back donuts, ice cream and holiday candy.

(2/18/15) Today when I was getting dressed for the gym, I noticed my shirt shrunk around my belly and it was too short. My gym pants cut into my waist. I was very uncomfortable. What happened?

I weighed and realized 20 pounds were back on me in 8 short months. That explains my knees aching again.

I always wanted to be the fit lady who aged gracefully. I never wanted to be weight conscious, have to count calories or have borderline hypertension.

Here I am. What I learned from this is: I do have to count calories. I do need to figure out how many calories to maintain my goal weight. I can't lose weight and go back to my old ways. I need new ways to live healthy. I do need to be lighter to be free of knee pain and high blood pressure concerns.

Replies

• karldomrose
    karldomrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You got this! You know what to do. USE MFP daily. Track what you are eating and stay on target. The calories are more important that the macros at this point. Get those down and worry about adjusting macros later. Get back into a regular routine working out. You don't have to train like an Olympic athlete to get results. Just be consistent. Aim to lose about 2 or 3 pounds a week.

I find it helps to plan out my meals for the week. Every Sunday is meal prep day. This make it easier to stay on target with my eating.

Hope the above helps! Feel free to message me anytime.

Karl
  • MrsLBarnett
    MrsLBarnett Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you Karl. I love the meal prep for the week idea. I haven't been planning well the last few months and end up to hungry in the fast food line. Planning and prepping will help a lot. Thanks again.